Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Christmas Gift

Guest nmchenry

Guest nmchenry

My family wants to know what I want for Christmas and there is no way I can have them buy what I want so I was thinking it would be nice to get some gun magazines.  Which magazines would you suggest, especially if I am interested in IPSC shooting?

I also like Front Sight.  You may want to look into Gun Games magazine.  I don't have any experience with it (yet) but am going to look into it.  I get Guns & Ammo now and it has gone down hill in my opinion.  I will not renew my subscription to it.  Of course if in the United States and if not already a member, an NRA membership wouldn't be a bad choice.  It's not much more than a regular magazine, and the American Rifleman has gotten a lot better.  Don't expect much IPSC stuff though.  For what its worth, I much prefer Rifleman to the  Hunting and the Politically oriented other options.  I don't think you have to agree with all of its policies to realize the importance of the fight it undertakes.

My in-laws got me a subscription to American Handgunner.  I used to like it, but now, I can't hardly stand it.  It is really a manufacturer's rag.

Front Site is cool.  Gun Games is cool.

A magazine I haven't read since I was a 12 yr old (and if my mom knew I did, she would still kill me) but recently picked up b/c a buddy of mine who studies international relations and has college prof's recommend it, is Soldier of Fortune.  Yeah, it has more than its fair share of propaganda, but the field reports are really top notch.

I'd suggest Gun World. In order not to be totally self-serving and underhanded, I should tell you right off the bat that they feature my articles on a regular basis. Since Jan Libourel left Petersen's Publishing and took over Gun World, it's really improved immensely. If you liked what Jan was doing with Petersen's Handguns during his tenure, then you'll like what he's doing with Gun World, too.

If I remember correctly the title was "How to become a Speed Demon Pistolero."  Duane, did you calm down from that one yet? I seem to remember a pretty good rant......

I'll third that recommendation, while I'm not nuts about all of Libourel's articles, he does manage to assemble an interesting team of writers.