Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fund Racer Match July 4th & 5th, 2015 at Wayne County Raccoon Hunt

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dennis....bonus points for a full menu suggestion.............my original was a new York strip steak cooked to order...........we shall see.......since we have the clubhouse and the full kitchen set up this should be something good.....

Ok, as for Hotel Rooms.......the Comfort Inn of Plymouth (I-275 and Ann Arbor Road), just 15 minutes down the road has offered to let me book 10 rooms at $119 per night......

So, if you want in on that please call me, email me, pm me ect so I can set that up. I have to do a minimum of 10 rooms to get that rate. Otherwise, if you book by yourself, it is $139 a night.

Ok, since only 1 person got back to me about the rooms, then I can only assume that the rest of you guys got yourselves taken care of................if not, let me know and we can make some suggestions for you on where to stay. Just stay away from the airport locations. The neighborhood around them is not that great. The Canton or Plymouth area is much nicer and only 12-15 minutes down the road.

Many competitors did get back to Mr. Robot (Geoff S..) so we did set up a match hotel. 15 minutes from the range.........

Comfort Inn of Plymouth

40455 Ann Arbor Road

Plymouth, MI 48170

734-455-8100

Group Code=Wayne County Raccoon Hunters

Pricing=$119.00 per night versus the regular $139.00 per night..........

Deals have been done this last week..................Guns from Glock, Sig Sauer and Springfield have been purchased and arranged. Still working on some more with FNH and others........MGM is giving us some new toys for this match as well. Range Bags from American Shooters Edge have been purchased. 17 stages have been designed and designated for each bay already. Things are coming along nicely. Only a few spots left-first come first served.

This next week we are testing different menu's from different chefs for range food. Any other requests for food choices at the range?

I keep telling folks for the last few spots........first come, first served...............happy to have you folks...even if you are from that State south of us who like to wear red and grey......I don't sound bitter or anything do I?

When I get the registrations we are doing them that day typically as they are singles now that everyone is pretty much registered................So email confirmation is typically that day or the next depending on when Geoff updates his computer to send them out. Someone sent theirs Fed Ex last week and I have to go to the Depot on Monday night to pick it up.......if that is the biggest thing to worry about then we are good at this point!!!

So Bill-get yours into me asap......................Roy

I hope to get most people registered on Friday, but I realize that some people are driving in Saturday morning. We will have a small window of time for registration on Saturday morning, but please be aware that timing is crucial, we are actually putting first shots downrange earlier than usual. I would like to have all info accurately entered for scoring the stages and this will require proper registration. We will post times for registration as the match gets closer.

Geoff (Stats)

Hello to all,

I have just been informed that a large quantity of registrations have just arrived which DEFINATELY puts this match at full capacity. We are officially calling the match full and will not be able to accept any more applications. I will be meeting with Roy on Thursday to get these applicants registered and I hope to send confirmation to these registered competitors by this coming weekend. To accommodate this late rush, it sounds like we may open it up a little past the 100 competitors we first asked for, but due to overwhelming support from some generous firearms sponsors, I believe we will still maintain the ratio of at least a 1 in 10 chance at a firearm! We also have had a great response from other sponsors and look forward to setting up some nice prize bags. I am sure we will compile a list soon so you will know what businesses truly support this sport. Please keep that in mind when making purchasing decisions!

Thank you for your support as competitors and I look forward to this match (and beating Dennis for the revolver plaque, using the revolver he found for me!)

Geoff (Stats)

Please wait until the weekend before blowing this site up to see if your application made it, I will contact everyone by this weekend. Since we are slightly overbooked we will not have a wait list.

Thank you Geoff for putting all this info out there.....in order to take some pressure of you (ok, and me.....) I called each applicant last night to let them know I had received their application. Thank you T-Mobile for the calling Canada flat fee option as many of the applicants were North of the border.

So to further what Geoff was saying-if I didn't call you last night and your application is still on the way, I will keep it as a waiting list and call you to let you know I have it but we are full at this point. 17 of 18 stages are in and done, most of the guns have been bought and many more prizes are on the way. We will be trying out new chefs next week for our lunch break and we will let you know how this goes.

Thank you to all competitors that got their apps in on time. We look forward to putting on a world class match for all our friends and competitors. Remember, the dog pond is always available for those of you who put on too good of a performance.....

18 Stages are in and done....100+ competitors are booked and in as well. Went a few over 100 as at the end there were 3 married couples and a Father/Son Team that all came in on the same day.......I was not going to pick and choose, so we (WOOF & Mr. Robot and I) made an executive decision to let them all in. That means we had to order more guns (oh, darn...) and rearrange all the squads to fit them in but we actually pulled that off last night. That was a major task and I still can't believe that we did it. For all of you who wanted to shoot together, we tried to keep you with at least some of the folks you wanted to shoot with in order to help everyone shoot with someone they requested. Even those folks from South of the Michigun Border who like that State school........

So we will have firearms from Glock, Sig, Springfield Armory and FNHUSA. Plus the folks from Phoenix Trinity will be in attendance....so if you ever wanted to Meet Brian & Tiffany to see their stuff, this would be a great opportunity....We will keep you updated on the news from sponsors as we go as this will be the best level 1 match in the country this year. Or at least the biggest round count...............as long as we are #1 in something............

• 3 weeks later...