Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fund Racer Match July 4th & 5th, 2015 at Wayne County Raccoon Hunt

Received approval this week from our club board to hold this match so here are some details....

Match is a 2 day, 18 stage, 500 round Berm Fund Raising event being held July 4th & 5th, 2015. 100 shooters is all we have room for as all shooters will shoot both days (9 stages per day). Special early start to the match at 8:30am both days. All stages will be in the range of 28 rounds so that we hit the 500 round target. There will be trophy's for each Division and we'll see about class winners depending on pre registration numbers. Match will feel like a major level III event but will be run as a level I with many international shooters in attendance. This is a USPSA event-not an IPSC match but we welcome our brethren from Canada to attend.

This match will require preregistration. Match fee will be $150-match staff will shoot for $75.00. 10 pistols to be given away by random shooter number so 1 in 10 competitors will go home with a new blaster. 1 pistol to be given away to just the match staff. Might have another pistol for a separate raffle. Prizes given to the shooters via random draw as well. We are looking at having a lunch break (let me know if you have a favorite in mind via PM). I wanted steaks and grilled chicken but some have said that they don't want something so heavy for the range.....Let me know.

We are working on the registration application and will have it up on our website www.ipsc66.org soon. I will post an announcement here when it becomes available. Yes, we know it is a busy date as many have family obligations. However,we had to fit in between many other match's and with dates that would work for our members. So please come out, shoot a great match and support this fund raiser. If you have never been to our club before for a monthly match, then here is a great reason to change that.

Roy

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, how about a wheelchair big enough to fit JEP and all his gear this year? Cross your fingers for him as of 12/11......a certain someone is going under the knife to fix a foot/Achilles tendon issue.......Ouuchhh....but it will better than seeing him being so gimpy and not able to fix or come up with new metal props our range......

Russell-As always, we welcome you and your crew to shoot with us. You give all the Production guys something to shoot for instead of someone to shoot....

As of last night and the phone texts, we are over 50 competitors as of right now......nothing is official till I get the applications and the checks but I appreciate the quick responses from folks.

Thursday night is our first stage planning meeting.........anyone have any requests for things they might like to see in or on a stage? You never know, we may be able to accommodate requests....or versions or them. Cooper tunnels for the taller folks, ports that will require vertically challenged folks to have to stand on a box just to see over the ledge, going prone for the first shot of the stage sponsored by a certain gentlemen's club after receiving the mandatory lap dance from the sponsoring ladies as the on deck shooter.......the list can go on. We are nothing but givers here at our club.........mostly of grief, but we like to share.

Received 7 applications in the mail today....so we are off to a good start....................

Planning meeting went well last night......Mr. Robot (Geoff Seimbor) took the challenge of designing stages using the slider prop, so that should be interesting......

WeaponShield already signed up as a major match sponsor as well as Infinity Firearms (what a shocker, eh?).

Cross your fingers. Registration for all the received applications is planned for tonight, so emails should go out as confirmations to those folks. Thank you to those who have gotten their registrations in and for those of you who have not done it yet, all I can say is get it done soon.......

I have entered a little over 30 competitors so far and I am told there are a few more received applications waiting for me. I sent e-mails to all entered competitors and so far only 1 e-mail has shown as undelivered. I will try to contact that competitor early this week to notify him of successful registration. I also entered 1 sorry soul into revolver (He did not choose a power factor so I put him in minor for now, as that is all he makes even with a 45!). We are still a little early into this but things are coming together very fast. Get those applications in!

Thanks,

Geoff Siembor (Stats)

and the WCRHC Crew

I have entered a little over 30 competitors so far and I am told there are a few more received applications waiting for me. I sent e-mails to all entered competitors and so far only 1 e-mail has shown as undelivered. I will try to contact that competitor early this week to notify him of successful registration. I also entered 1 sorry soul into revolver (He did not choose a power factor so I put him in minor for now, as that is all he makes even with a 45!). We are still a little early into this but things are coming together very fast. Get those applications in!

Thanks,

Geoff Siembor (Stats)

and the WCRHC Crew

Who's the idiot?

Got some more applications in the mail over the weekend..............(including Mauro's from Canada)...........will give those over to Geoff this week.

As for who is the idiot? Well.......that can be debated...................Such as what was I thinking when I hatched this match idea???

We look forward to receiving your applications and seeing you at our Fund Racing Match!!

I received my confirmation email. Looking forward to the misery (I mean fun) that WCRH can come up with.

Broke the news to my wife that I will be gone all holiday weekend. It didnt go over well. Oh well, the couch is pretty comfy.

Got some more apps in the mail and a bunch of texts from folks telling me that they are mailing their apps on Friday. So get your apps in so we can try to squad you with the folks you want to shoot with.

MGM Targets has agreed to cut us a great deal on 10 more full size poppers for us to use in this match. Nice.........that will be 20 new ones over the past 2 years.......... I think they really like us now......

oh, no........not more Canadians!!!!!! That's ok........I am expecting a few more as Saturday morning I got a couple of phone calls from some well known heavy weights in Ontario....well, how about older distinguished gentlemen and one heavyweight......Looking forward to hosting them all.

2015 WCRHC Fundracer Match - 4th of July weekend, Romulus Michigan

Registered another dozen applicants this week. we have verbal confirmation from a bunch more. We are over half filled up now. Thanks to all who have supported this match so far. We have good support from our club and the sponsors are starting to commit (I will let the other guy list them as he gets them!).

Geoff Siembor and the WCRHC crew

It always works out that just as you do the registration, 3-4 more show up the next day....(including a certain area director's application, plus USPSA's club contact......hmmmm....why do I now feel we are being watched??????) Naaah.....we are happy to have them attend so that the membership gets to see them, shoot with them and gets to harass for two days at the range. That comes free with the application to our match by the way........who wants to squad with them? That can be a raffle item.......or we could turn it around and say who wants to make another squad suffer with them as you pay to watch that? We are open to suggestions. We also have one of the top Jr. shooters in the country attending (Lee Wills), so if you want to beat him now while he is still getting better compared to when he gets to be an adult and will whip the crap out of most shooters, that is an option too.

We are coming along nicely with registrations, sponsors(even a foreign Canadian one no less......how about that?) and stages. Two really good ones were turned in by a guy from Ohio.......I am thinking that we might actually have to use them as they were so good. It must be a holiday spirit thing as Michigan finally got a decent coach and The Ohio State won another bowl/football game and I am still speaking to folks from that state South of the Michigan border. (That goodwill to all mankind thing.......hope that feeling goes away soon...)

Still waiting on a certain Ohio resident application that he promised was in the mail over a week and half ago, but not calling out any names or anything.........RYAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Said in my best Papa Joe voice...).

If you are thinking of attending a fun, high round count event, give our match a try. We are betting you'll have such a good time, you will come back. Yes, I have lots of verbal commitments, but just like any other match, $$ talks with registrations attached. We look forward to receiving your applications and seeing you out on the range.

From what I am hearing things are shaping up nicely! A certain match director has been given the task by his club(with cash) to go to the Shot Show to get STUFF for the match! For those that have shot there, know the quality of the matches. For those that have not, you need to go to this match and you will not be disappointed!

NOW regarding the team up NORTH, hopefully they will finally give the Scarlet and Gray some competition! But The Big House will still be filled with Maize and Blue tears! As far as RYAN, remember his gun is on the wrong side. He gets confused a lot and may have sent it via Pony Express.

Still have not received his application. I think he may have sent it via pigeon carrier via the 1850's.................It probably got lost as it was from that state south of Michigun.

Received 4 more apps on Saturday and they were all from distance (Oklahoma, Toronto, Nashville and North of Toronto)...........I guess our reputation is starting to show.