Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Do you draw your DA/SA pistol hammer down or cocked and locked?

fastlane604

• 4 weeks later...

transitioning from Glocks, having a little bit of a problem with the DA/SA. 1st shot is slow, 2nd surprises me, then I get into the grove. I have been working on it during drills, and plan on a range period of all DA. It has only been about a week; it does seem to be getting better.

DA always on the first shot, it is what I have trained to do. the DA on the Shadow is as smooth as a tricked out Glock. Today I let a couple of guys shot a stage after the match with my Shadow (they both shot Glocks) Both were surprised on the 2nd Shot! One of them already counted holster and extra mag costs in the near future ;-)

I always draw hammer down in USPSA. Since my gun got stuck in ESP in IDPA it depends. If it's a weak hand or strong hand only stage I'll leave it cocked with safety on and go from there. Yep it's gaming a bit, yet its legal in ESP.

For regular stages I just run it DA like I do in USPSA

depends, with a race hammer either a modified sear of a CGW sear will allow the safety to be applied hammer down; it doesn't work and from what I understand is not good for the gun.

I am new to this platform also. Question also is with the hammer down is the safety on?

No. Safety cannot be applied with the hammer fully down.