Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How do I get insane muzzle flash?

Therealkoop

DAYUMMM! Supernova. What was the mv on that load?

Chronoed it at 4581 fps. Muzzle flash is actually a lot more impressive than the picture shows. It was pitch black outside and you could see the leaves on the trees 50 yards away when it went off.

Ive got a low light match coming up. What better way to spend it than lighting up the field with extreme muzzle flash?

So, slow powder + light projectile?

And get a Noveske "Flaming Pig" compensator. But just so you know, if you do shoot that, you probably won't be able to see the target after the first shot.

for a couple of matches John of JP Enterprises used 26 or 27 grains (from what I remember, don't try this at home) of 335 with a 125 grain bullet in his 308, it was impressive even in the daytime, both fireball and concussion... :goof:

• 2 weeks later...

for a couple of matches John of JP Enterprises used 26 or 27 grains (from what I remember, don't try this at home) of 335 with a 125 grain bullet in his 308, it was impressive even in the daytime, both fireball and concussion... :goof:

Bruce Piatt said he was using H335 in his 308 this year at the USPSA Nationals. Our squad was just behind his and we got to see him run a few stages with that thing. Impressive concussion and fireball just like you describe. So much fun, he named his rifle thumper :)

I've had some good fireballs in my 223 with H335 and the JP Coolie brake, but it's not consistent. I don't know if it builds up every few shots or what. The Corvette comp that a friend of mine was running on his 16" gun gave off some impressive fireballs with xm193 ammo.

The most consistent fireballs I've seen have been from rifles without muzzle devices at all.... then of course, there's this thing...

http://www.armamentsales.com/enhancers.htm

• 3 weeks later...

Ive got a low light match coming up. What better way to spend it than lighting up the field with extreme muzzle flash?

So, slow powder + light projectile?

And get a Noveske "Flaming Pig" compensator. But just so you know, if you do shoot that, you probably won't be able to see the target after the first shot.

+1 on the Flaming Pig. Check out some Youtube video on it.