Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 Area II Desert Classic, Mesa, Az

Honestly area 2 is kind of the contemporary mother ship of USPSA. How many A/M/GM shooters in A2 vs A1 roster?

I feel for all the A2 guys who want to shoot thier own area championship but can't because us A1 guys wanna come shoot with all the cool kids in the warm climate.

I wish you guys luck.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK here is a fire storm with all the talk about what Area 1 does compared to Area 2. Lets give California to Area 1 and take Utah to area 2 that way Area 2 would have two of the best 3 or 4 venues in the country. Not sure what I opened up here, but food for thought. Probably a different thread should apply.

Pedro

I don't think we really want Kali in area 1

I love how everyone loves to throw California under the bus... that's cool though, we are used to it. If we vote on it we've got more than double the members of AZ and certainly more than AZ and any other state in A1 combined (per the last numbers I've seen).

I don't get it. We will pay pretty much whatever for matches (6 stage local match here is over $40 bucks), we pay out of staters more than anyone else for their Stock 2s and 2011s, and its not like we turn our backs on you when you want to go to Disneyland or come to the beach. We will even share our California burritos- a celestial combination of carne asada and french fries.

Back to the original topic- I shot A1 and the last two Nationals at St. George as well as the last two A2s at Rio and they were all excellent matches. Great facilities, great organizers, and great stages. I would shoot any of them again, given the chance. I registered 40 minutes after this A2 opened, and they have my money- I hope I get to come out and shoot it again in March. I'll be at the WSSSC as well in November. A lot of us Californians are hoping for A2 because its the only major match within say a 10-12 hour drive for us this year.

OK here is a fire storm with all the talk about what Area 1 does compared to Area 2. Lets give California to Area 1 and take Utah to area 2 that way Area 2 would have two of the best 3 or 4 venues in the country. Not sure what I opened up here, but food for thought. Probably a different thread should apply.

Pedro

I don't think we really want Kali in area 1
I love how everyone loves to throw California under the bus... that's cool though, we are used to it. If we vote on it we've got more than double the members of AZ and certainly more than AZ and any other state in A1 combined (per the last numbers I've seen).

I don't get it. We will pay pretty much whatever for matches (6 stage local match here is over $40 bucks), we pay out of staters more than anyone else for their Stock 2s and 2011s, and its not like we turn our backs on you when you want to go to Disneyland or come to the beach. We will even share our California burritos- a celestial combination of carne asada and french fries.

Back to the original topic- I shot A1 and the last two Nationals at St. George as well as the last two A2s at Rio and they were all excellent matches. Great facilities, great organizers, and great stages. I would shoot any of them again, given the chance. I registered 40 minutes after this A2 opened, and they have my money- I hope I get to come out and shoot it again in March. I'll be at the WSSSC as well in November. A lot of us Californians are hoping for A2 because its the only major match within say a 10-12 hour drive for us this year.

Aw man, not to throw you under the bus at all!

All of us know Kali has more members than the rest of the west combined. Just being selfish.

Kind of a drag for you guys that no area championship can happen in your state.

Nothing personal amigo..... Just a big target there! ?

Edited by Ultimo-Hombre

Per Rio Salado website:

Here are some stats for the “Winers” who jumped on the net and was bitching that Area 2 residents should get first crack at signing up.

So tell me how did you know who signed up???

As it stands right now including the waiting list:

California 158, Arizona 96, New Mexico 12, Colorado 23 Hawaii 2

This'll be my first big match. With the staff shoot going on the 4th and 5th, should I plan on arriving on the 4th, or wait until Thursday when the rest of the competitors shoot?

The staff shoots the 4th and 5th, which is Wednesday and Thursday. The main match starts Friday, 6 Mar. If you get there on Thursday, you will be able to walk the stages on a non-interfering basis. You won't start shooting until sometime Friday.

Later,

Chuck

This'll be my first big match. With the staff shoot going on the 4th and 5th, should I plan on arriving on the 4th, or wait until Thursday when the rest of the competitors shoot?

Competitor check-in will likely open Thursday at 10:00am.....at least it did this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Per Rio Salado website:

Here are some stats for the “Winers” who jumped on the net and was bitching that Area 2 residents should get first crack at signing up.

So tell me how did you know who signed up???

As it stands right now including the waiting list:

California 158, Arizona 96, New Mexico 12, Colorado 23 Hawaii 2

I wonder how many staffers there are that shoot the match and if they are included in this count?

Maybe the Single Stack guys at the WSSSC got tired of getting rained on every year in March? Or trying to find their magazines on the stage after a run by using a rake to dig for it in the lake of water in the middle of the shooting area?

For the shooters going to the Area 2 match this year, I would suggest bringing cold and wet weather gear. I just hope that they skip putting in low prone level ports in the stages. Nobody likes doing a belly flop into the cold mud to shoot prone through a low port.

Well like you know I think uspsa has about as much to do with the Desert Classic as El Niño. I'm really asking the guys at Rio why the flip? It's only been there about 25 years.

Well you got an answer from A GUY FROM RIO. I have been a member out there for dogs years and that was the info I was given. But you can believe whatever you want.

Edited by StraightUp_OG

Well like you know I think uspsa has about as much to do with the Desert Classic as El Niño. I'm really asking the guys at Rio why the flip? It's only been there about 25 years.

Well you got an answer from A GUY from Rio. I have been a member out there for dogs years and that was the info I was given. But you can believe whatever you want.

That is pretty much how I heard it, with the addition that the Dessert Classic people agreed and weren't pressured into the change