Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Brazos Barstock Extractor

EricW

This isn't a huge deal, but I just bought a couple standard 1911 extractors (not the tuned ones) from Brazos. My $16 bought me an extractor that totally exceeded my expectations. I'm very impressed with the quality of the parts. They were completely identical, perfectly finished, and all I had to do was to stone the right corners and finish the job with a couple touches on the buffer. I think Bob's "untuned" extractor must be like anyone else's super-premium extractor. Whoda thunk it'd be this easy?

Thanks Bob and Ingi!

Edited by EricW

• 2 months later...

To compensate for my usual whining, I need to say something nice. I finally shot my Limited gun with my Brazos "plain vanilla" extractor for the first time yesterday. Absolutely flawless. $16 and 15 minutes of my time bought me carefree happiness shooting my pistol.

Thanks for the quality Bob!

and his service is great! I got a bomar some mag and recoil springs, fiber optics and recently 2 sti ms housings (i seem to wear them out due to practicing mag changes) and some buffs(the buffs are soft like heitt and durable too.

My friend also bought a tuned extractor from him and he could not say anything not good about the part and Bob's service!

thanks Bob and Ingi

• 2 months later...

Bob and Ingi rock! What else is there to say. Like the scorecard basement-dweller I am, I dawdled all day to order parts that I knew I needed first thing in the AM. Bob and Ingi, of course, still had the order out to UPS that night, even though they probably had 15 minutes to pack it.

Grandmaster shooter = Grandmaster serice. :)

• 1 year later...

Just pulled my extractor for the first time in maybe a year. I have maybe 15K through the gun since I put in the Brazos extractor (when I started this thread).

The extractor looks absolutely brand new. It has lost no tension since I put it in. It has to be the best $16 I've ever spent on gun parts.

http://www.1911store.com

Do these fit single stack 1911s?

The whole Brazo's parts thing seems to be oriented toward double stacks, and I never understood what (if any) parts are the same for doublestacks and single stacks.

I'd love a nice $16 extractor. And slide stop for that matter.