Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Base pads for sti

Revofan

Dawson and TTI. I tried both and do not really prefer one over the other. What I do prefer is malfunction free magazines. The good ones get put in the range bag. The bad ones get left at home. some are "fixable' and some are not. I have not found a difference in capacity between the two bases in my magazines.

I like the TTI. If you lose the pin that holds it on, a dremel bit is the perfect size to cut down.

Pin shouldn't be getting lost. Are you adjusting the screw tension a lot?

Didn't adjust it at all. The were not easy to push but we're manageable so I left it alone.

I like TTI pads, my .40 mags hold 21 and 9mm mags hold 23. Some reload at max capacity, others I have to down load one. None of my mags are tuned. Taran guts in the .40 and Grams guts in the 9

They are smaller than the Dawson, I think it makes the mags easier to grab and stuff in the gun.

I have used everything from factory STI, Arredondo, Grams, Bolen, Dawson and now TTI for my 2011's. Each had their own positives and negatives.

TTI is what I am using now and I can't foresee ever using anything else- they are durable, easy on/off, solid when installed, simple and streamlined, lots of sizes for various mag bodies, and they come in lots of color options for easy ID. The absolute best on the market, no question.

Dawson cause that's what I've used since buying sti's

Friends use TTI and like them a lot also

Think either is fine, seems like the TTI get 21 a little easier, my but to that is I'm usually reloading long before then if the stage requires a reload