Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steelmaster tuning

KOBGT

Benny Hill Triangle Shooting Sports is who I would recommend. I sent him my IMM Open that had horrible ejection issues, it came back running like a champ. I had him make and tune a spare extractor, and he was very affordable, had fast turn around, and great customer service.

If your going to do it yourself, then a brazos oversized ejector, tune it, trim underneath to allow clearance for the magazine, and an aftec extractor with the typical tuning and fitting. Thats what mine has, and it runs.

Edited by lee blackman

• 2 weeks later...

I bought one second hand that the original owner sold for FTE issues. Added an AFTEC extractor and a super long ejector. Spent a hour at the range moving the point of the ejector from the top down until it ejected cleanly (you can usually tell if the brass is in a neat little pile) No problems since then. The old parts went into the great parts bin in the sky. I normally think of STI guns more like kits than a finished product

step 1, look if the extractor is fitted tide with the firinpin stop (no clocking )

when you have a new STI extended 9mm ejector: I file a flat tip on the front with the "tip" not centered but 2/3 high. I also file the inside of the tip a bit to put the contact point a little bit more to the outside edge of the case.

I dress the front of the extractor so the case can roll of the extractor