Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Homemade Case feeder for Hornady LnL with Lee Parts?

I use the Hornady bullet feeder die and the 4 tube case feeder turret from lee to feed the bullets it works awesome so all I have to do is feed cases manually.

I have an extra set of tubes with collater for the case feeder and all the Hornady slide parts I just haven't made time to fab up the drop plate and mechanism to make it work yet. This is mostly because I done think it will be much faster and right now I can watch everything as I blindly grab cases out of the bucket and put them in.

If you don't have the bullet feeder yet, do it! It's about 35 bucks for the die and tubes off amazon and will double productivity from manually feeding the bullet and case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"One day I devised myself a plan

That should be the envy of most any man

I'd sneak it out of there in a lunchbox in my hand

Now gettin' caught meant gettin' fired

But I figured I'd have it all by the time I retired

I'd have me a car worth at least a hundred grand"

From the Johnny Cash song, "One Piece at a Time" about a Cadillac made from 15 years of stolen parts. $300 ain't nut tin' in this hobby. Get the right stuff or forget it.

The Hornady is over 300 bucks

Yeah that s part of the false economy of the LNL. The base machine is cheaper but the collator and case feed are more than the 650.

I can promise you that it would cost a lot more that $300 to have someone build you one. Many things that are much less complicated cost more than that if you only want 1.

I understand wanting to save money or just want to learn something. What equipment do you have to build it with?

For the collator I used a lathe, mill, sheet metal shear, slip roll, TIG welder, bandsaw, sander, drills and taps and various other hand tools.

DSC02187.jpg

Once you get that part working you can move on to the device that actually feeds the cases from the tube into the shell plate, that s the easy part.

If you wanted it to look "high speed low drag" like a factory unit you would also need an injection molding machine and a CNC to make the dies.

Edited by jmorris

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Great stuff! There's a fella over on SASSNET that has "manufactured an adapter" that will allow you to set up the "Lee case feeder" on a Dillon 650. He calls it the DilLee case feeder. If you're like a lot of Dillon 650 users that started out with a LLM, you know the parts involved.