Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA passwords database has been hacked

bruce-

even though no other info was compromised, once the id and passwords were available, one could access confidential info such as home address, etc by merely logging in. has your IT guru looked at how many records and which ones were accessed after the breach?

Did they get the ids i.e. the USPSA number ? or was it just the email address and password, because without the id to go with the password they could not log in...

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bruce-

even though no other info was compromised, once the id and passwords were available, one could access confidential info such as home address, etc by merely logging in. has your IT guru looked at how many records and which ones were accessed after the breach?

Did they get the ids i.e. the USPSA number ? or was it just the email address and password, because without the id to go with the password they could not log in...

....and maybe I don't know the USPSA site very well, but I couldn't find my home address on the site.....

Agreed, that was one of the first things I looked for after being able to get back on the site and it doesn't appear that they store any PII on the server and people are likely just trying to fan the flames. Although, I will say PII is defined and ruled on differently depending on what state you are in.

Search USPSA and pastebin and you will more than likely see it in the list.

The pastebin post got pulled the other day. no longer available. It's not a big deal, just changed to something entirely different. Now looking at services like LastPass and kicking myself for not making a move like that before.

Edited by bigdawgbeav