Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 thumb drive holster

chase214

I have looked every where for a thumb drive holster for a 2011 full length dust cover in left hand not the holsters with the hoods . I thought I saw safariland making them in the ALS but they don't anymore. Does anyone know of a company th at makes one in left have

Thumb Drive is a specific model of retention holster made by Blade-Tech, primarily sold through the 5.11 label, and only made for Glocks, a few SIGs, and a couple of other pistols.

As for generic thumb-release retention holsters, without a hood, I think the ALS is your only option. I am pretty sure they make one for a 2011 Edge (full length dust cover) but I have no idea if they make a left handed one.

If you are willing to try a hood with a thumb release, the Blade-Tech WRS should fit the bill. Lot's of folks use that for 2011s and it is a very good, if somewhat pricey, retention holster.

+1 on the gcode I have felt both the gcode as the wrs for my 2011 and went with the gcode as the good was just easier to operate for me at least. The only reason I was debating between them is safariland didnt make a 6inch 2011 ALS. My glock has an ALS and I think that's the best holster for 3 gun by far. I think I am using the glock this year for 3 gun unless there are a lot of long small targets

I ordered a G-Code for an Edge. It did not fit the full length dust cover. When I called the company to discuss this I was told flat out that they do not make a holster to fit that pistol, no matter that their web site merely says "5-inch 2011" with no qualifiers.

I ordered a G-Code for an Edge. It did not fit the full length dust cover. When I called the company to discuss this I was told flat out that they do not make a holster to fit that pistol, no matter that their web site merely says "5-inch 2011" with no qualifiers.

A little heat and all is well.

• 4 weeks later...