Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glad to be back

FowlShot

Well I just got back from a 2 years overseas tour. I had the privilege of shooting a USPSA match in Weld County Colorado and fell in love. I used a glock 17 back then. Since being back I have acquired a M&P 9 that I am shooting. My plan was to use it for 3 gun, but it seems there aren't any matches till next year due to weather. I shot my first match at the Aurora Gun Club after a 2 year hiatus. I got the itch again. After a slow start on the first stage at 45 seconds, I picked it up somewhat behind where I left off (behind the game). It was definitely sink or swim. It seemed to get better over the next couple of stages. I started to manage the stages better, due to some help, but have a long way to go. I ended up placing 16th out of 31 in limited with only major shooters and one minor shooter finishing above me. I also need to get in the 2011 market and pick up a .40 so I can make major and start to be more competitive. I look forward to diving into all this knowledge floating around here so I can step up my game. Glad to be back.

FowlShot

Edited by FowlShot

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you all for your support. update: I have since bit the bullet and transitioned to an edge in 40. I'm loving every second of it. Won my first match the first time out with it. To be fair though there was only about 10 ppl there. But hey, I'll take it.

A few things I've noticed are the increases in accuracy and speed the the edge will operate at. It is a new platform so I'm having to get used to a few things but am satisfied with the change. Time to ramp up training and make A class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk