Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tennis elbow or neck pain prevention

IHAVEGAS

I'm late 50's & at the beginning of this year I started trying to be somewhat disciplined about dry fire & other practice. Didn't have issues for months but now if I shoot and dry fire practice like I want to, in my weak arm I get what the Doctor told me two weeks ago is commonly called tennis elbow. The Doc gave me some tennis elbow exercise and stretch things to do and I'm hoping that will allow me to fix or greatly improve issue #1. I also found reference to others getting and finding fixes for tennis elbow on another thread about dry fire practice, so, ok, I think I can fix this I think.

Issue #2 is that my neck starts to bug me. I get what feels like a tendon/muscle soreness thing on the weak side of my neck and I get pops and cracks from side to side movement. The Doc (a gp) did not help with this, I'm going to set up an appointment with a good physical therapist in the near future but I was wondering if anyone else has dealt with a similar issue. Perhaps there is some stretching or exercise stuff that can help with this complaint as well?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On my to do list. Thank you!

Doing some physical therapist directed stuff that is helping but it is neat to have more options.

Great to be able do do something that helps rather than back way off or quit doing what you like doing.