Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Does Everybody Swap Out The Grips On Their Tactical Sport

Bart Solo

I just picked up my pistol and think I can live with the wooden grips. I certainly have handled fatter pistols, but maybe thinner would be better. I need to take it to the range to be sure. As advertized the beasty is heavy, which is perfect for my purposes. The trigger is extraordinarily light--lighter than the trigger on my Springfield 1911 after the trigger job. It certainly isn't the gun I would want to use for any purpose other than competition, but it seems to have everything for limited competition out of the box. The guy at the gun store, who I recognized as being one of the better local shooters, said a friend of his has one and it just runs and runs and runs and is scary accurate.

Why doesn't everybody use the tactical sport in USPSA limited? I must be missing something.

Edited by Bart Solo

Why doesn't everybody use the tactical sport in USPSA limited? I must be missing something.

Baaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!

People are sheep and they want what everyone else has. Also, part of the attraction to pistol shooting for many people is fancy expensive custom guns. for those of us that aren't gifted with kneelingatlas's skill with a hammer and dremel, a $3000 custom gun is the next best thing.

If you have large hands/fingers, the factory grip is good, except the grip is mediocre..

I went with the thin Aluminum grips and it felt better, but I still did not feel 100% in my grip when drawing from a holster in USPSA matches...I have medium-sized hands/fingers..

I had a gunsmith take the checkering off the front and back straps and I then put on grip tape...front and back

Now, I feel 100% and it feels like an extension of my arm

• 2 weeks later...

I just put on the double alpha sp01 thin aluminum grips on my ts and they actually made it thicker than stock. Not a big problem for me I was more going for the extra traction and a different look. But don't buy these if you are hoping to reduce grip size!

• 3 weeks later...

The front sight worked fine tonight, but between the 2nd and 3rd stage the rear sight moved. Apparently the screw came loose. When I got home I centered it and tightened the screw. Is the screw coming lose common? I guess I will take the appropriate tools to the range to make sure it is right. Should I use Loctite to tighten it down?

• 2 months later...