Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 Florida State ICORE Championship

The Central Florda Rifle and Pistol Club will host the 2015 Florida State ICORE Championship on 21 Feb 2015 in Orlando, Florida. The match will have 8 stages, chrono, and lunch. Match fee is $75. Applications may be obtained by going to www.cfrpc.com and selecting the ICORE tab under disicplines. Click on News at the top of the page to be directed to the application site. Attendance will be limited, so get your application in soon!

If you guys aren't familiar with CFRPC it's not more than 30 minutes (?) from Orlando International Airport and there are plenty of hotels & car rental places around the airport. I live 2.45 hours north, so I just drive down to SR 528 the night before, grab a motel room, and have a 20 minute drive down 417 (toll road, have about $4 worth of quarters because there are no humans involved at the two booths you need to negotiate down and back) there in the morning. The drive home after the match is a PITA... but, what the heck. Dick D puts on a good match. and CFRPC is a good facility.

Edited by GOF

• 2 months later...

Hi All:

I just wanted to let everyone know that our match was very successful. We had 63 pre-registed shooters and only lost a few of those (the registrations not fatalities).

We had enough sponsors to get a prize in the hands of every classified ICORE member that shot. Thank you sponsors. We had 8 stages that ranged from a simple classifier to very complex stages including a Polish Plate Rack. The first shots were fired at 9 AM and most everyone was being fed lunch by 1 PM. The minimum round count was 168. The tempature got up to 72*. Awards and prizes were handed out and the range was pretty empty by 2:30. Thanks to the long haulers for showing up. I think you'll agree it was was worth the trip. The Southern Regionals will be held at the Volusia County Gun and Hunt Club November 7th. That is about an hour north of Orlando and most of the staff that ran the State Match will also be staffing the Regionals so I'm sure it will be a good match.

Thanks to all the shooters that came and I hope to see many of you at the Regionals.

Bob Hunt

ICORE Disipline Director for Central Florida Wheelgunners