Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

OK, here's the PPC9...

SiG Lady

Just a couple of very rough images of the new gun.

Will take the formal portraits later...

9mm Smith & Wesson PPC9 LEO issue,

15-rd mags, a delightful 43 ounces of solid steel,

only slightly used. B):D

PPC9_all_2.JPG

PPC9_closeup.JPG

This thing came with nine (9) mags, Hogue rubber grips,

a competition holster (which I'll be selling) and a neat

aluminum, combination-lock carrying case with the Performance

Center logo in metal-medallion on the side. And stuff like that. ;)

Though humoruos in thought, the "poofters" might actually be disrespectful to the whole concept of this gun! :o:D

Hey, the concept is accuracy, right? If poofters are accurate, shoot 'em!

BTW, I don't think it's the basepads that are the problem, but the magwell (black metal thing extending below the grips). Then again, it ain't on the Production list, so no USPSA for you with it (unless you want to shoot Limited, L10 or Open Minor). Might be worth finding out what the base gun is or what model number (is the # PPC9?) to see if it is, in fact, on the list.

Guest Larry Cazes

How much do these cost? Looks like a very nice all steel 9mm. I Don't lnow much about them. Magazine disconnect safety? Hows the trigger?

Siggy,

Those things are so very very cool. How is the trigger on yours? A fellow Bianchi shooter I know has one and the thing straight up shoots, no other way to say it. I had the chance to shoot it and it made a number of 2" 50 yd. groups in my hands, which is quite an accomplishment. The trigger on the one I shot was simply outstanding. Even with relativly sharp recoiling White Box, it feels like a .22.

We also stood out to 75 yds and consistently rocked Bianchi plates with them. Enjoy it, and if you ever need to sell it, drop me a line.

Exactly what Kimberkid and 300lb both said. The trigger is fabulous: light, positive, sensitive and reliable. The whole gun is that way. Slide is smooth as glass, weight of the gun in perfect balance and enough to counteract the snappy white-box ammo recoil, and the darn thing is handsome besides. A minimalistic Art-Deco version of something.

Yes! It's the replacment for The Great Valtro Disappointment. That was part of my justification for the acquisition. And felt OK about that. I frikkin' waited a year-and-a-half for something like this, dammit!

I've seen the PPC9 listed thru online sellers from $1,350 USED to $1,850 NIB. Obviously, some of these figures were beginning prices and might have been subject to a little bit of negotiation... perhaps. But not all of them had all the extras I received. I was originally looking at one for $1,350 from a respected, valid seller in Indiana (someone who knows rhino, in fact) and regarded it as a reasonable buy, given the usage history of his gun and certain other things. However, I bought this one (pictured) locally from a good buddy who charged me only what HE paid for it two weeks ago... $1,100. No shipping fees, no FFL handling. I saved a bit and my seller got a wad of cash. This buddy then went and bought a 6" model of this gun from the Indiana buyer which was why he offered me his 5" model. Everybody won. B)

Might be a while before I sell THIS one. ;)

No, John shoots a 5906 S&W Performance Center. It's basically that gun, minus the magwell, with a 4" barrel, in double action. Also, the decocker is spring loaded. They're really nice...so is Grrl's! That PPC9 is a tack driver!

The pic I have of John's gun is a 5" gun looks like a LPA rear sight.

PPC9's were first made in '97 ( I think) serial numbers in the PPC002x range left the factory in Feb '97.

How do you post pics here?

Tom