Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magnetic magazine pouch

dkwatch

No longer legal in USPSA Production. As you say, they are great for table starts but really other than that.....? I would say they are too expensive but they are cheaper than my Race Masters were. :eatdrink:

Ha....Never thought about the truck part. Probably can buy a round magnet myself and make it a lot cheaper.

Make sure to buy really good magnets. I think they are rare earth magnets or something like that? They need to grip the mag so hard that it will not fall off while running. Mags get pretty heavy. I have a DAA magnet that the only way to get my STI mags off is to pull them straight up. You can't just pull them off easily. That type of magnet might cost a little more.

And yes, you need to cover it when not in use. A buddy turned me on to a thick rubber pipe cap from Lowe's. Everything will stick to the danged thing if you don't keep it covered well. Scratches the hell out of your truck too!

Ha....Never thought about the truck part. Probably can buy a round magnet myself and make it a lot cheaper.

Make sure to buy really good magnets. I think they are rare earth magnets or something like that? They need to grip the mag so hard that it will not fall off while running. Mags get pretty heavy. I have a DAA magnet that the only way to get my STI mags off is to pull them straight up. You can't just pull them off easily. That type of magnet might cost a little more.

And yes, you need to cover it when not in use. A buddy turned me on to a thick rubber pipe cap from Lowe's. Everything will stick to the danged thing if you don't keep it covered well. Scratches the hell out of your truck too!

Notice there are 2 kinds. One is stand alone, the other is attached in front of the regular mag pouch. Any preference? Or pros and cons?

Since I already had enough pouches I just bought the magnet and drilled a mag pouch to mount it. I mounted it on the front edge of my first pouch so it would closely resemble pulling it from the pouch on a reload.

The only issue is if you put them on mag pouches is complying with the 2in rule

That's why you want them on the fronts of pouches.

Sarge, I am thinking to set one up using your method for my Limited rig. Just want to make sure it is legal for Limited. Looks like it is not legal for Production and Single Stack.

Nice call. I'm in the Automotive Paint protection Film industry and a nice piece of PPF works well on the magnet....