Just got my A5 back

bwikel

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They were stacked one on top of the other. The Foriegn teams didn't have anything from Safari Arms. Matter of fact I never knew anyone who had those. The twins vest that started the U.S. craze was obtained from Berned Weisner at the Pan Am championships in 2010 by Ty Gentry

• 2 weeks later...

Another reason....Chicks dig it!

I didn't alway do it like I do now.....I was slower when I started. ;)

People argue all day long, every day as to what is faster or as fast, but what I do still is working for me here and over seas. I know this is going to sound arrogant, but once I start getting beat solely due to loading speed I'll switch, but so far I see no need to switch.

Final reason has to do with teaching, and whom I teach. Loading the way I do, at the shoulder, ready to shoot, keeps both your head up and your eyes looking, while loading....and being able to shoot at anytime durring the process. I would hate to teach anyone to look at an upside down loading port and in so doing becoming an unwitting Kevlar tester. :(

Kurt, i think the "tacticalness" of practical shooting has been lost somewhere in competition. I appreciate the idea that you teach real world tactical loading. I seriously doubt that anyone in a realworld situation will ever use quad loading and the silly holders we use in 3gun these days. i could be wrong but i know that the loaders just dont pass the smell test for real situations for a number of reasons. But i digress since i load "dueces and quads" for 3 gun games.

No one in "the real world" would load 4 at a time like I do either, but at the shoulder ready to shoot if needed might be handy. ;)

Alma, I know Larry quite well. We have had the pleasure of shooting together many times, the most recent was at the Hornady match this last summer. Funny thing, he loads quads.....and I load quads (the original weakhand), I'm sure that as soon as they up date the web site for the Zombie match you can go and compare the shotgun stages times and see for yourself which way was faster at that match and at that time. Spoiler alert, it won't be the new quad style. Great article none the less! Cudos to Haouk.

Edited by kurtm