Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STi Trubor 9mm

SWAT

I just ordered by first open pistol, STi Trubor 9mm in rush because the SSE will be banned in California.

I am not planning to reload the ammo myself so I think 9mm would be easier ot buy online.

Did I make a wrong decision?

Can I convert it to a be .38 super, .40 SW and .45 ACP in the future by getting another slides?

Yes, 9 is easier online. Major can be found from certain vendors.

No you did not make a mistake, the trubors hold resale value very well outside of Commifornia much better inside.

Yes, you can get a new slide fitted but it will run you some money. I suggest using a reputable smith.

Enjoy that new blaster.

Hello: Change out the guide rod, reverse plug to a standard type and install a 9lb recoil spring and you can shoot minor. You can also get a barrel and comp fitted to your slide if you want a 38 super comp pistol. You made the correct choice in 9mm. You can shoot major and minor loads and not worry about picking up your brass if you don't want to. I suggest you do pickup your brass so you can reload it in the future. Thanks, Eric

Hello: Change out the guide rod, reverse plug to a standard type and install a 9lb recoil spring and you can shoot minor. You can also get a barrel and comp fitted to your slide if you want a 38 super comp pistol. You made the correct choice in 9mm. You can shoot major and minor loads and not worry about picking up your brass if you don't want to. I suggest you do pickup your brass so you can reload it in the future. Thanks, Eric

Can you please provide some more info about the conversion parts for shooting 9mm minor?

Hello: All you need is a STI standard 5" guide rod, 5" reverse plug, ISMI 9lb recoil spring and a box of Winchester White box. You can also shoot major with this same setup. Once you have 500 rounds or so on it you may be able to use a 7 or 8 lb ISMI recoil spring for minor loads. All the parts can be bought at Shooters Connection. Thanks, Eric

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have both a 9mm and a 38. I love the 9 because brass is cheep and I do not feel the need to crawl around on the ground to pick up every last piece of brass that I shoot. yes you can re barrel a gun but it can take some time and could cost half as much as the gun did in the first place.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can you please provide some more info about the conversion parts for shooting 9mm minor?
128pf and running a 7# spring flawlessly.