Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
krang

Holster Makers

50 minutes ago, Chris Keen said:

The Race Master is awful. The screws are cheap and strip out in a heartbeat.  Even when you get it tight, it still has a little wiggle to the whole thing.  I sold mine & went back to a Ghost Holster.  Cant beat a classic.

how u can say things like this about " the best competition holster" in the world?:lol:

u can't be  a politician.;)

On 12/12/2017 at 3:43 PM, Bkreutz said:

I used a Race Master for quite a while. I was looking at the Alpha X for about 6 months, I finally succumbed and bought one a couple of months ago. It was one of those "Why did I wait so long to do this?" moments. I like it a lot. Easier to adjust, rock solid, and comfortable.

Yeah, I must admit the Alpha X beats the RM, hands down.

I am looking for a holster for a 6" STI sight tracker with a butler cut.  I would like to have a thumb release as i shoot 3-gun and like that peace of mind.  Bladetech used to carry one but they don't anymore.  Thank you in advance.

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:12 PM, sbaker5 said:

I am looking for a holster for a 6" STI sight tracker with a butler cut.  I would like to have a thumb release as i shoot 3-gun and like that peace of mind.  Bladetech used to carry one but they don't anymore.  Thank you in advance.

Contact RHT, I think they already make a level two with retention for that.

Huge fan of KT Mech for kydex holsters compatible with drop platforms and with optional retention. 

Also just got a Galco Cobra buckle belt, good stuff. 

Edited by mikek2111987

I am a big fan of Red Hill Tactical. I have one intended for USPSA and one made for 3-Gun with level 2 retention. They have great customer service and were more than happy to make any adjustment I liked. I would look to them for any future holster needs. 

I still cant find a level 2 holster, spring release for a 6 " STI.  Red Hill tactical has a hood but it isnt spring loaded/released.  Safariland used to have one but ever since new management took over, all their things have gotten screwed up.  I tried G-Code but that wont work either.  I am about to just give up and sell my 6".  What a pain.

Red Hill would be a good choice, probably just have to get used to the release action.  But when I tired it at Rockcastle Pro-am there just isnt much room between the holster and the belt.  Awkward.  

My apologies, it was wasn't Safariland but Bladetech.  Bladetech used to have the spring loaded hood dont carry it any longer.  Again, apologize for the misinformation.

I've only used alpha x, but I wouldn't really care to even use another.  Two thumbs up

I prefer Red Hill Tactical for my production/carry opics.  Ghost for my limited, which I never shoot any more :)