Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster Makers

krang

50 minutes ago, Chris Keen said:

The Race Master is awful. The screws are cheap and strip out in a heartbeat.  Even when you get it tight, it still has a little wiggle to the whole thing.  I sold mine & went back to a Ghost Holster.  Cant beat a classic.

how u can say things like this about " the best competition holster" in the world?:lol:

u can't be  a politician.;)

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/12/2017 at 3:43 PM, Bkreutz said:

I used a Race Master for quite a while. I was looking at the Alpha X for about 6 months, I finally succumbed and bought one a couple of months ago. It was one of those "Why did I wait so long to do this?" moments. I like it a lot. Easier to adjust, rock solid, and comfortable.

Yeah, I must admit the Alpha X beats the RM, hands down.

• 5 weeks later...

I am looking for a holster for a 6" STI sight tracker with a butler cut.  I would like to have a thumb release as i shoot 3-gun and like that peace of mind.  Bladetech used to carry one but they don't anymore.  Thank you in advance.

• 1 month later...
On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:12 PM, sbaker5 said:

I am looking for a holster for a 6" STI sight tracker with a butler cut.  I would like to have a thumb release as i shoot 3-gun and like that peace of mind.  Bladetech used to carry one but they don't anymore.  Thank you in advance.

Contact RHT, I think they already make a level two with retention for that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am a big fan of Red Hill Tactical. I have one intended for USPSA and one made for 3-Gun with level 2 retention. They have great customer service and were more than happy to make any adjustment I liked. I would look to them for any future holster needs. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I still cant find a level 2 holster, spring release for a 6 " STI.  Red Hill tactical has a hood but it isnt spring loaded/released.  Safariland used to have one but ever since new management took over, all their things have gotten screwed up.  I tried G-Code but that wont work either.  I am about to just give up and sell my 6".  What a pain.

Red Hill would be a good choice, probably just have to get used to the release action.  But when I tired it at Rockcastle Pro-am there just isnt much room between the holster and the belt.  Awkward.  

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ive looked around and eyeballed RHT, but I have a guy I found on Reddit that makes great dual layer holsters, and molds for a smooth draw. 

Amarok Tactical. Caleb is an awesome dude. 

A big group of guys at my local matches shoot with GunnerXShooting's "Secure Retention Holsters" Theyre basically dual layer holsters that have a turnstyle friction lock with magnet attached. When you go up to shoot, you flip the turnstyle and have almost no retention/drag on the gun, when you holster you flip it back down and you literally cannot pull it out.

Theyre still building their website, so they do orders through FB.

• 1 month later...
On 5/6/2019 at 11:05 AM, nick779 said:

Ive looked around and eyeballed RHT, but I have a guy I found on Reddit that makes great dual layer holsters, and molds for a smooth draw. 

Amarok Tactical. Caleb is an awesome dude. 

A big group of guys at my local matches shoot with GunnerXShooting's "Secure Retention Holsters" Theyre basically dual layer holsters that have a turnstyle friction lock with magnet attached. When you go up to shoot, you flip the turnstyle and have almost no retention/drag on the gun, when you holster you flip it back down and you literally cannot pull it out.

Theyre still building their website, so they do orders through FB.

Saw GX Products holster at the range the other day.    Pretty nice stuff.  I ordered one with the lock.  It should come in handy with some of the 2 gun side matches I do as well as USPSA .

• 4 weeks later...

Used to be a big fan of Bladetech. But after buying my first Red Hill Tactical holster, that's all I would use for Production, Carry Optics or Single Stack. Very solid product.

I haven't shot a lot of limited, but for that I've loved the race holster by Everglades.  It was formerly sold as the Manny Bragg Futuristic Magnetic Race Holster.  Such a smooth draw.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...