Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Unused magazine pouches in front of hip bone in production...

Whoops!

This is one of those cases where the rules need to be changed. I am at a disadvantage by having empty mag pouches in front of the hip bone. If I should choose to take that disadvantage, there's no reason why I shouldn't be able to.

Switch to the Safariland ELS Competition belt system. One belt and you changeout equipment in seconds all day long. I shoot USPSA production, Steel Challenge center fire open and rim fire open and 3-gun tac ops. Equipment is in a different location for each but I change in secs. Best of all everything always goes exactly in the same spot every time ... No thinking required.

A whole lot better solution than expecting USPSA to change their rules ...

Nik, it's a thick belt and the pouches I use screw on. It's a pain to unscrew and screw each time and extremely difficult to get it them the same place every time.

I think I'll try the ELS system. It's been calling my name for a while, I just haven't been able to justify the cost. It'll be nice for multigun also.

Edited by Whoops!

Nik, it's a thick belt and the pouches I use screw on. It's a pain to unscrew and screw each time and extremely difficult to get it them the same place every time.

I think I'll try the ELS system. It's been calling my name for a while, I just haven't been able to justify the cost. It'll be nice for multigun also.

That makes sense. In that case, since the RM at each match is the final arbiter, and you could get different answers, a different belt might be the answer. Whether that's a separate belt for Production/SS or an ELS rig, so you can reconfigure on the fly to your hearts content.....

I saw one (ELS) for the first time a week ago, and was impressed.....