Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR-15 Mags

Long Hunter

For belt re-loading times on an AR, Kurtm posted in a thread somewhere here that he has done it in around 1.5 seconds shot to shot. I know I can do 2 flat on demand now that I have worked it up and an occasional 1.7-1.8 (when I am ramped up). This is shot to shot on a 10 yard target (A’s). I can burn them 1.5 dry fire on a PAR timer at home, but live fire is still pretty much 2 flat for me at present.

I don’t mean to swerve the thread to AR reload times, but IMO it is a relevant thing as far as AR mags and pouches vs redimags go.

Howsabout folks sharing their shot to shot AR reload times with the various mag carry methods (belt, cinched and redimag, etc..) and see if we can see anything about this.

--

Regards,

Ordered the Beta this morning. Like Benny said, getting spotted 2 seconds is probably huge in this game just like cowboy or any other timed shooting sport. I’ll be coming in to 3 gun as a rookie in the senior class. Figure I need all the help I can get.

Looks like my first match may be San Angelo in May. Hope to get a little instruction and experience before then. I compete at the upper end of cowboy but that doesn’t mean squat when it comes to 3 gun. Look forward to meeting some of you there.

Ordered it online from Impact Guns. Cost $249.00 for the M16 IV System in black. It includes the Beta mag, case, loader, graphite and instructions. Their website is www.impactguns.com and the phone number is 801-393-2474.

Hope I ordered the right one. Asked where was the best place to get one up above but didn’t get an answer. Found these people through Google.

Good Luck