Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Good buy on a 9mm Stock II?

Gdub

Whats a good price to pay for a slightly used Stock II in 9mm? I mean a price you can't pass up. It looks in perfect shape, has no work done to it, and comes with all papaers and case.

Thanks,

The non-greedy bastard new price of $950 would be pretty decent since you can rarely find them.

Dealer price is close to $900, so I think it's fair to say that you are not going to see them for $950. The only way you are going to see the price come down is if the availability increases, which isn't going to happen anytime soon.

The non-greedy bastard new price of $950 would be pretty decent since you can rarely find them.

Dealer price is close to $900, so I think it's fair to say that you are not going to see them for $950. The only way you are going to see the price come down is if the availability increases, which isn't going to happen anytime soon.

Finding one under $1500 is prolly a steal right now considering supply and demand. I've got a pair of Stock II's and it'd take a LOT more than $950 to get one from me

Funny thing is, I have a New Stock II in .40SW with a set of Extreme Grips that I can't sell at $1,100. That's Less than a grand for the gun plus the cost of grips. You would think someone would buy it and shoot .40 Minor. Crazy.

The 9mm is the one that's worth having. Us folks in CA are grabbing any that free up - seems price is 1600-1800 ish for a new Stock II 9mm. But those sales to CA stop at the end of the year, since we'll lose for now the method that lets us bring them in. So maybe next year as more come into the US, the price will drop w/o CA folks bidding the price up.

Know you are looking for a 9mm but just for reference Bud's Gun Shop has new 10mm for $897 and 45ACP for $880. Last sold price for the 9mm was $945.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/411551329/EAA+600605+Witness+Elite+Stock+II+17%2B1+9mm+4.5%22

There is a used 9mm on GB right now with 2 days left, reserve is met, it will sell, price reflects demand.

The last NEW 9mm to sell on GB went for $1500. Must be the caliber of choice.

I bought mine for under $950 several months ago when the last shipment from EAA came in. I had several others from different dealers that I could choose from for about the same. It is all about the timing.

This is exactly how I got mine-

Google "witness 600605" every day and check all the dealers in the results. When the next shipment comes in, you will score.

They go quick so have your money in the bank ready to go. The shipment seems to come in every 2-3 months (I talked to a dealer and got the scoop),

EDIT>> I got mine in late August, so I would estimate late November for the next shipment. I would start googling now.

Edited by aceinyerface

MSRP on them is $1226. Considering they are extremely hard to find, I think a dealer asking MSRP isn't being greedy. Same thing happens with other newly released/desirable/hard to find guns. But of course cheaper is always better ;) I have recently bought two of them over the summer. I paid MSRP for both.

The 9mm is the one that's worth having. Us folks in CA are grabbing any that free up - seems price is 1600-1800 ish for a new Stock II 9mm. But those sales to CA stop at the end of the year, since we'll lose for now the method that lets us bring them in. So maybe next year as more come into the US, the price will drop w/o CA folks bidding the price up.

given you guys in CA are up against a deadline in a way is it possibly worth grabbing a reasonably priced 40cal and then buying a 9mm top end later? will the rules in CA allow you to import top ends next year (slide and barrel)?

if so that may be the way to go. secure the gun now under the SSE while it's still there and later add the 9mm top end when you can get one. the 40cal top end is far from useless. can still shoot 40minor if you like in production, or load major and shoot it in limited (or I guess L10 in CA).

the stock II makes a decent limited gun. easy enough to do make it SAO, add a magwell and away you go in limited if you later want to.