Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Burner tapes

Expensive and slightly derivative (but I've probably got that wrong - maybe it's just that mostly when you start to pare down human performance times to the millisecond, it ends up that most people do things the same way) but very comprehensive and methodical. Covers everything any beginner could ask for, anyway.

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I know this is Brian's forum, but I went looking for a little out side help with my shooting, which had been in the crapper all summer, even though I've been putting in a lot of "work".  So I got these used off the uspsa forum and I am very happy with them.  Yes they are a tad repetitive, and Jerry could have benefited from a script, but on the whole I am very happy with the tapes.  I read all the time here about when we should practice, and how we should practice etc.  But I get to the range, and I want to practice everything because I think everything needs a little work.  Guess what nothing improves because I've not been focusing on one area at a time.  How does this relate to The Burner Series?  Jerry breaks EVERYTHING down into distinct and separate parts.  He reinforces that the whole is made up of parts, and implies that the only way to get the whole right it to get each part perfected in the minutest detail.

Plus you get the watch Jerry ripe through some drills.  I did finally get a one second draw in while dry firing with Jerry.

I would defiantly recommend the whole series.