Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Vinci Safety Prototype

Headworked

A friend had asked a few months ago for me to come up with a solution to the Vinci small safety issue... Been a busy summer with us having a new baby, but finally got a prototype cranked out and installed.. It's the first one off drawing board, and I already have some ideas on some changes I want to make, but it shows some promise. It is extended out the left side, and I will fab up a flag that extends past the receiver housing so it engages easily and rapidly without having to hunt for it...

Pics to follow

Edited by Headworked

Aristotle, give me a little more time... In a couple of weeks, I will have ironed out all the wrinkles, and also applied to be a vendor here on Enos... I will post some pics of the updated unit, along with contact info for those interested in one of these extended safeties. Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hopefully, over Christmas break, I will be able to finalize the left side engage button, and get it fabbed, and start trying it out... This process is long and slow, and I hope to be able to turn out a solid unit that works great, lasts forever, and looks good to boot..

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure, Steve...I currently do not have a S Nova to check dimensions... If you have a stock button, or want to send me yours, I'll check it against this new one and send yours back

Apologies, I thought I had already replied to this.

After checking some exploded diagrams, the Supernova safety is a totally different beast. Its located in the same place as a Vinci but that's all they have in common.

• 1 month later...