Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Quest for the Sub 3 El Prez

Jake Di Vita

Making a game out of your favorite part of another game can keep you from getting stale mentally, or just be fun for its own sake. Only one person wins, but I hope everyone has fun. I sure had a lot of fun as a kid shooting water skippers with my bb gun, never won a prize for it though.

If winning is the only fun part, then maybe shooting is not the attraction, but just a means to a different end (pride). I guess that could also be applied to setting the El Prez record too if it is not fun for its own sake.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then why not shoot the sub-3 El Prez with minor ammo? Is that somehow less impressive? It was awful easy to forget about points mattering, so why not forget about power factor too? For that matter, once the standards start crumbling, why not skip the El-Prez "turn" and go reeeeeaally fast?

The answer to all is that the sum of three (accuracy, power, and speed) following ALL the rules makes the El-Prez tough. Sure its harder to go for the sub-3 goal when points matter. That's what makes it hard. That's what make's it actually MATTER. Changing the rules of the game to "create" a speed record is just not that impressive.

That said, I believe both Jake and Steve can do the sub-3 El Prez "clean" this year if they aim for that higher goal. Only question for me is who will shoot for the higher standard and who will get there first....

KC Eusebio has already done a 3.15 with 60 points.

Did he also sell you some ocean front property in Utah????????

Why isn't Todd Jarrett in this discussion? Maybe it doesn't matter because he already has multi National Championships. Take it from a nobody, but you guys need to work on something that will actually improve your match standings. And a dryfire el prez.............come on!

Reality check courtesy of Boo.

Mr. Boo....

If you believe I need to work on something to improve my match standings, I'll be sure to look for your name at the next major I shoot.

BTW, I'm a very respectful person when someone is questioning me, but when someone insinuates a very good friend of mine is a liar I get....offensive rather quickly. I urge you to please not say that again.

Mr. Jacob,

I didn't mean to offend you. I stopped running major matches in the '80's, because the shots got too easy. I went head to head with Robbie many times. He is a great shooter. I'm glad you believe your friend.......it's good to have faith.

Very sincerely,

Boo

Boo

Being cocky is different than being disrespectful....

I too have gone head to head with TGO, but dissing Jake and Steve for trying to do something that has not been done is rude....

There are lots of GM's and slathers of M class shooters on the forum who have watched in amusement at some of the posts which arrive on this forum, but I have to say that I don't think ANY of them doubt the intentions of Jake or Steve or their abilities, and you should not either...especially after you see the video of Steve shooting 6 shots on three targets in 1.39sec...and our young Master shooter Jake is just hundreths of a percentage point away from becoming a GM himself...

I take off my hat to both shooters for their intensity and ability, and like my tag line says....if you can do it, it ain't braggin....I expect them both to do a sub 3 El Prez, and as far as improving their match standings....I keep quiet about that, since they both can whoop my fanny....maybe yours too... ;)

Tightloop,

I'm not being cocky, but who or what is TGO? Isn't that Wayne Gretzky the hockey player. Didn't know he shot IPSC, that's far out!

Sorry, if you think I was being disrespectful. This is a discussion forum, we are just simply discussing possiblities, there is no disrespect intended. I just believe that a 2.99 or better El Prez is out there. I would rather keep my 1982 first place C Class trophy! It means more to me than shooting the El Prez time after time until I FINALLY hang all 12 hits on paper.

If you believe the 3.15 all A's, than I am happy for you. But make me a believer, show me video and let me see the hits when your done shooting.

Your friend,

Boo

And a dryfire el prez.............come on!

I suppose then that visualizing as stage is a waste of time as well? For those of us who don't live next to a range, or live where it is to cold to shoot year round, or who don't have all of our ammo paid for, dryfiring is THE BEST way to improove. (That little thing at the end of the sentence is a PERIOD!)

TriggerT,

Dry firing an EP and comparing your par time to a live fire EP is very different than visualizing a stage, don't you think? When are you aiming your second shot on each target during a dry fire run? This will add at least .15 per target if you're fast, see what I mean?

I am not trying to go against you guys. I feel like you are all attacking me. Please, let me have my point of view.

Let's discuss.

Your bud,

Boo

TriggerT,

Dry firing an EP and comparing your par time to a live fire EP is very different than visualizing a stage, don't you think? When are you aiming your second shot on each target during a dry fire run? This will add at least .15 per target if you're fast, see what I mean?

I am not trying to go against you guys. I feel like you are all attacking me. Please, let me have my point of view.

Let's discuss.

Your bud,

Boo

No question that a dryfire run, and a live fire run will be greatlytt different, as I think Jake has pointed out several times. To me it just sounded like you were saying that dryfiring it was a complete waste of time. I don't think that is the case at all.

Sometimes the problem with semi-heated discussions here is that it is hard to understand the....inflection maybe, of the thought that is trying to be convied.

You're welcome to your point of view (and, if you read through the whole thread, you'll see you're not alone) - but your implied tone and delivery need some work.... Realize that text is a horrible way to have a conversation - so, you have to imply jokes, lightheartedness, etc, via smileys/emoticons, or explicit expression of those things..... Perhaps you meant something you didn't end up typing?

AFAIK, his Todd-liness doesn't read or post on this forum (well, I've not yet run across a post from him), thus explaining his absence.

EDITed post slightly to alter *my own* tone..... ;)

Nobody is saying they can do a live-fire prez in the same time they can run it dry. Exactly the opposite, actually.

What is the problem with people wanting to piss all over everyone's good time? For crying out loud. Doesn't anyone shoot because it's fun anymore?

Maybe they should be required to put up a sign: "PEOPLE TRYING TO HAVE A GOOD TIME HERE" So anyone looking to take it too seriously will have fair warning.

- Gabe

Welcome to the forums Boo. Frankly, I don't think Jake and Steve will "git er done" in this life time. :P I suppose that's where we part company. You see, I have a great deal of respect for both of those guys and I owe them a lot. Even though I have never met Steve or Jake, they have always supported me in my shooting endeavors. Frankly, I feel like a traitor for not being part of their cheering section. Of course, they both know deep down inside I really want to see both of them accomplish the task. As for their credibility, it is beyond reproach.

Ron,

Thank you for the welcome, good man.

The EP in 3.15 with 60 points is not believable. Sorry this offends so many people, but I had to say what I bet many are thinking.

Now, Jacob and Steve, get out there and do this! We are all pulling for you.

Your dear friend,

Boo

Boo,

In case you have been out of the loop, KC at 17 or so years of age has been the steel challenge champion and placed an very respectable 8th at last years nationals.

And yes, Todd and Rob did shoot the year he won SC.

I have shot with him and the time is definitely believable, whether or not this is useful or can be done on demand is not the point of discussion.

Put me down as a believer that Jake and Steve will accomplish this feat.

James