Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Buck Freakin' Rogers...

EricW

wing2wing.jpg

http://www.airbornelaser.com

Brian needs a "What Freaks Me Out" section.  I'm not sure if I'm in awe of this, or weirded out by the implications.  Ready or not boys and girls, Star Wars is here...   Granted, it's only on an airplane now and only carries enough chemicals for 20 shots.   But....now, all they need is a nuclear reactor, a matching laser, and a Energia-sized boost vehicle and blasting stuff from outer space is a reality.

Suddenly, my Glock seems rather wanting...

E

(Edited by EricW at 3:07 pm on Nov. 4, 2002)

• 2 months later...

Well, I don't know.  I have wondered whether this particular system is the real deal or more of a propaganda ploy.  But the undeniable fact is that photon-based weapons are really starting to become viable now.  Los Alamos labs has built a ground-based system that they have successfully used to shoot down missles and even artillery shells.

There's a revolution in the making and I'm really surprised that it isn't more talked about.  Quite honestly, I'm not sure if I'm ready for it or not.  My best guess is that photon-based weapons will be as revolutionary and as devastating as the machine gun was to trench warfare and as armor and the airplane were in WWII.  

The viability of the current ICBM interceptor system is a different matter entirely.  But, in 20 years, it will be a moot issue.