Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anybody using Storm Competition Mag pouches?

Avedis

I have some and run mags for my G34. I have only run them in about 2 matches, and 5 or so live fire practice sessions but I like them. Kind of a pain to get on an outer belt. I could not slip them on had to take the bracket off and put it back on. Once on the belt you can move them around with a bit of force. My one complaint is that the hex head screw that adjusts how hard it is to alter cant and tilt is kind of difficult to get to on the first few I bought. The new ones come with a hole drilled in the middle of their logo on the outside plate that makes them easy to adjust now. (You can see it drilled in the middle of the scorpion logo on the Amazon page). Each pouch also comes with plenty of replacement screws and spacers so no worries about spare parts if you lose soemthing. I haven't had any of my pouches lose anything yet. This is the first pouch if this kind I have ever owned so I can't compare it to CR Speed/AA pouches. Seems like a decent value for the $.

I run these and I love them! As stated try can be a bit of a pain to get situated but once you get them where you want them they rock!

I bought them because I was able to get 5 for $100 shipped (via Amazon) and they work out perfectly with my bladetech belt.

While the DAA ones would be my first choice, these are a good alternative for half the price.

They look good, but if you change from single stack to double stack often, you stand a greater chance of losing the small screws.

I would just but 8 and convert 4 for single stack and put a dab of LocTite on the screws so that they won't vibrate out.

I have CR's for USPSA.

FYI The Storm are $27 ea from Amazon and CR's are $29 ea from Shooters Connection.