Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just moved to Charlotte, NC

Hi,

I just relocated to Charlotte, NC, I am living near 51 and Providence.

I would like suggestions about Clubs and matches in the area.

I recently switched to open after shooting limited for quite some time.

Thanks,

Fred

Fred, welcome to Charlotte and the Arboretum area. You'll find a number of options for shooting in the area.

You will find USPSA matches in Statesville, Salisbury (Rowan County), * Lake Lure (Asheville area) NC and Columbia, Spartanburg, & Greenville SC. Farther east you have Creedmore (north of Raleigh) and Ft Bragg (Fayetteville).

Besides the two 3 gun matches mentioned, there are a number of unaffiliated 3 gun matches in the area.

There are at least 3 clubs in the area that you might consider for training but don't host USPSA matches. As well as a number of indoor ranges with very restrictive shooting rules.

Hope that helps.

Here is my normal schedule. I am about 20 minutes north of you.

1st Saturday: Spartanburg practical shooters

2nd Saturday: Rowan wildlife club

3rd Saturday: Hawkeye gun club in lake lure nc.

3rd Sunday: competitive shooters of statesville in troutman nc

4th Saturday: back to Spartanburg

I don't get to shoot that schedule every month but I like it when I do. I shot the Colombia SC state match this year and they have a great range. I am planning on shooting a club match soon.

I shot mostly uspsa but sometimes if I don't feel like driving to Spartanburg, I'll shoot the Mecklenburg wildlife club idpa in Charlotte. That is the 4th Saturday of the month.

Edited by levellinebrad

Here is my normal schedule. I am about 20 minutes north of you.

1st Saturday: Spartanburg practical shooters

2nd Saturday: Rowan wildlife club

3rd Saturday: Hawkeye gun club in lake lure nc.

3rd Sunday: competitive shooters of statesville in troutman nc

4th Saturday: back to Spartanburg

I don't get to shoot that schedule every month but I like it when I do. I shot the Colombia SC state match this year and they have a great range. I am planning on shooting a club match soon.

I shot mostly uspsa but sometimes if I don't feel like driving to Spartanburg, I'll shoot the Mecklenburg wildlife club idpa in Charlotte. That is the 4th Saturday of the month.

There is alot of clubs near you , you will have a match every weekend Sat and Sun.. I love the SOUTH!!!

Thanks for all the suggestions.

My reloading bench should be set up by Thanksgiving, hope to attend some matches by December.

Which is the closest club to Charlotte that allows real practice? (drawing from a holster and shooting on the move)

Edited by dvc4you