Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is ICORE supposed to be idpa with wheel guns?

ICORE is similar to IDPA in scoring only. It is a time plus system. It is up to the match Director to set up stages that do not give a large advantage to 8 shots. There are three Divisions, Open, Limited (No ports or optics) and Clasic wish is 6 shot only and require the use of Speedloaders, no moonclips. As of right now the rulebook is quite small and if the stage description does not forbid it it is legal.

ICORE can specify shot order and target engagement order. Targets in the same COF may require different numbers of hits on them. If the way you shot the stage violated the WSB, it should have be procedural(s) issued. Giving mikes on a target that had scoring holes is a bunch of crap.

As to your original question, ICORE is similar to USPSA but much more accuracy oriented.

I would say ICORE is more like USPSA with a handgun than IDPA. The COFs can vary greatly and require more movement than IDPA. Target distances can be longer, fishing vests are not required, and the rules are far simpler. Target arrays can sometimes have a complex firing order to them that requires thought in addition to speed & accuracy. Scoring is simple... a down point system like IDPA, but down point penalties are tougher. Speed counts, but accuracy counts more in the final score. A shooter running 10% slower than another can still win if he doesn't stray too far from the 8-inch A zone. If you like wheelguns it's a lot of fun! I've also found that ICORE shooters are a very friendly and accommodating bunch who don't mind collecting your brass & speedloaders for you while you check your targets. I shoot in Central Florida (C - Classic Division) and it's a real good group of folks.

Not to mention the fact that at the IRC I have seen stages with as many as 51 rounds required (almost 3 stages in IDPA).. The idea for ICORE is a combination of USPSA, Steel Challenge, and Bianchi. At least that's what I was always under the impression of. Since I didn't see the Original post, I'm sort of wondering what happened?

Good point. I have seen 36 minimum round count knock down steel stages (most shooters needed more than 36 rounds), set in arrays of 6 steel, with multiple shooting positions requiring the shooter to move almost 20 yards between all the positions... and the last target array was a Texas Star. It was a HOOT! Some shooters actually ran out of ammo and couldn't finish. I shoot Classic Division and normally wear 6 speed loader holders, with two extra that I can clip on the belt for stages like this one. Like I said, if you like wheelguns ICORE is fun! Just bring plenty of ammo.

Thanks for the input

I was told to take down the post

Not sure why but not wanting to offend so I did and it looks like I'll put the revo away and stay with folks that I understand

Thanks to those who tried to help me understand

I don't want to screw up here, but I thought your OP was a legitimate question. If you are fortunate enough to have a ICORE within reasonable driving distance... why not go out and take a look. There is no real mystery to it... just guys shooting a lot of revo rounds at challenging targets and having a good time. No need to put the revo away.

I was real interested and felt I had a legit question but was told I should delete the thread so I did. That gentleman did apologize

Just don't want to get in another antagonistic deal.

Thank u for the encouragement

Guys like u are needed

I belong to both USPSA and ICORE...... To me USPSA has WAY too many "rules", long gone are the days when the rule book was slim and trim (me too).... Say you violate something NOT safety related, there are usually multiple penalties that you might be assessed with, out comes the now "thickened" rule" book...I can't really speak for IPDA as I've never shot this discipline and don't own a "fishing vest"....Keep it simple!....Since I don't shot either accurately or fast, I'm just paying my entry fees to have fun no matter the discipline !!!...

• 1 year later...

This forum frowns on comparison like "is Chevy better than Ford?" Of course we all know this to be true but comparisons like this are bound to offend the misinformed or un-formidable. Don't talk about IDPA in the ICORE thread and everyone will remain silent.

Edited by Ty Hamby

Not to mention the fact that at the IRC I have seen stages with as many as 51 rounds required (almost 3 stages in IDPA).. The idea for ICORE is a combination of USPSA, Steel Challenge, and Bianchi. At least that's what I was always under the impression of. Since I didn't see the Original post, I'm sort of wondering what happened?

This is the number one reason I started shooting ICORE, the rules are so relaxed that you can have virtually any type of stage you want as long as it's safe. Heck, the rule book is only 17 pages.