Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jack Bruce

outerlimits

• 2 months later...

I was fortunate enough to see the Cream in Indy, at Clowes Hall, Butler University: Yes, an unlikely setting, but with excellent acoustics. There was a huge snow storm that night which resulted in about half the seats being empty though it was a sell-out performance. In fact, my buddies and I barely made it there and back ourselves. (My friend's thoughtful addition of a trunk-full of firewood helped.) The first set was a long Ginger Baker drum solo. 5 minutes into the set, the frat boys and their dates were running for the exits - corsages and boutonnieres intact. (Remember, this was more than 40 years ago). After the solo, looking at the now mostly empty hall, one of the band members - don't remember which one - invited everyone to COME ON DOWN! to the seats near the stage. They played into the night because, they said, considering the snowstorm there wasn't much else to do. I've been to some great concerts by a few rock legends over the years, but it never got any better than the Cream.