Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Front sighat height

bishop414

Need some help from you guys/gals.

Changed my sights on G34, Warren comp. Shot today and groups are 5" to 7" high, good on windage, at 25yds. Had a buddy shoot it, similar results.

Question: since rear is fixed, do I need a new front? If so shorter or taller? Any reason to mess with load? Brain says shorter but not thinking clear tonight.

Load 124 MG JHP, 1.13, WSF 4.6 at 129pf.

Thanks in advance.

Go to dawsonprecision.com and click on "Sight Front" and it will take to you a page with diagrams and a formula to determine what sight you need. They can make you any front sight you want if you call them.

Need some help from you guys/gals.

Changed my sights on G34, Warren comp. Shot today and groups are 5" to 7" high, good on windage, at 25yds. Had a buddy shoot it, similar results.

Question: since rear is fixed, do I need a new front? If so shorter or taller? Any reason to mess with load? Brain says shorter but not thinking clear tonight.

Load 124 MG JHP, 1.13, WSF 4.6 at 129pf.

Thanks in advance.

You need to change the relationship between your front and rear sights by approximately .050 by raising the front or lowering the rear or a combination of each.

• 2 weeks later...

Much thanks to all who pointed me to Dawson, the formula to pick front sights and general observations. Ordered 2 new front sights, .285 installed and dead nuts at 25yd. Also, the only .285 I could get was .100 wide which helped tighten up my groups. (Dawson had them to me in 4 days, out of stock items, thank you for quick service). Area 2 starts tomorrow so we'll see how I do. Nothing like changing your setup right before a major match.

Yes, but can't until the weekend. Rear sight was installed by a reputable smith. I agree with everyone, it seems really tall. However, it is hitting POA at 25yds with my load. Can't complain and lucky for me DOH holster has a very high sight channel.