Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA vs IPSC

rbebeau

1 more question. Does a USPSA membership allow for me to shoot an IPSC match, since it is a "Region" in the IPSC list?

Yes, but only if you are US resident.

Also, being an IPSC member of non-USA region allows you to shoot USPSA matches.

Has there ever been any attempt/consideration to trying to put Steel Challenge in the Olympics? Nothing remotely "practical" about stand and shoot in the open at small round steel plates ,,,, of course now that USPSA owns SC that is probably screwed as well ...

1 more question. Does a USPSA membership allow for me to shoot an IPSC match, since it is a "Region" in the IPSC list?

If you get a note (email is fine) from the RD (that would be the USPSA President in the US case) saying you are a member in good standing of that region, you are cleared to shoot other IPSC matches.

Realistically it's very unlikely you'll be bounced because of it, but they might want to see your card or something. In 10 years of international matches, I think I've shown my card twice and gotten an e-mail from the RD once.

If you get a note (email is fine) from the RD (that would be the USPSA President in the US case) saying you are a member in good standing of that region, you are cleared to shoot other IPSC matches.

Realistically it's very unlikely you'll be bounced because of it, but they might want to see your card or something. In 10 years of international matches, I think I've shown my card twice and gotten an e-mail from the RD once.

Like I said, it works for USPSA members who are also US residents. How IPSC match directors would validate membership is a separate story... USPSA actually makes it real easy to validate and you don't even need any email from USPSA President. Just an USPSA number (and potentially piece of ID). I am speaking from a real experience of handling shooters from US in my local IPSC section. We have quite a few US folks shooting IPSC matches in Canada.

Edited by euxx

• 2 weeks later...