Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Do SV mag tubes work in Phoenix Trinity stainless grips without modifi

jlat32

I'm new to the 2011 platform, so please pardon any (current) incompetence.

I'm looking to pick up mags for a 9mm 2011 hi-cap with a Phoenix Trinity (PT) stainless grip. I've read that SV tubes don't fit STI grips without modifications, but how about the PT grip?

I'm torn on STI vs SV tubes based on what I've read here on Enos, so potentially crossing SV tubes off the list due to incompatibility might force me towards STI tubes.

Its not the grip that causes the fit issue its the frame. The opening in the frame for the mag is not cut wide enough. The SVI mag will not quite get to where it need to so it will lock in. You can open the frame up a bit and the mags will fit.

Thank you for the clarification. I was under the impression it had something to do with the mag catch in the grip and grip dimensions. Found PLENTY of other threads regarding SV tubes in STI guns. Sounded to me like one can either open up the STI frame or the mag catch hole in the SV tube to make them work. I'm thinking I'll start with STI mags.

Hello: The two I have installed have worked great with the new SVI Infinity tubes in 9mm/38. These have been on PT frames also. Most problems with the SVI and STI tubes is that they are not square, kinda like a paralellagram. If you square them up they will work. Thanks, Eric

Hello: The two I have installed have worked great with the new SVI Infinity tubes in 9mm/38. These have been on PT frames also. Most problems with the SVI and STI tubes is that they are not square, kinda like a paralellagram. If you square them up they will work. Thanks, Eric

Any idea if the PT frame is the same dimensions as an STI frame, or if the frame opening is slightly oversized like the SV frame?

Good to know about squaring up the tubes. Thanks!