Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Big dawg tumblers review.

If you are not too particular about the inside of the case appearing to be of jewelry appearance you can just use the mixer with the Dawn and Lemishine - without pins - and the exterior of the cases will shine right up. Interior will be clean but still powder/primer stained.

Cement mixer won't work with stainless pins... Been tried over and over. The stainless pins are heavier and gravitate toward the bottom of the mixer.

It has? I thought it worked, what makes the drum of a cement mixer so much different than all the other drums out there that work?

Cement mixer won't work with stainless pins... Been tried over and over. The stainless pins are heavier and gravitate toward the bottom of the mixer.

It has? I thought it worked, what makes the drum of a cement mixer so much different than all the other drums out there that work?

A cement mixer sits at a 45 degree angle. You could run just the brass with water, Dawn, and Lemishine, but without the pins, it's not going to come out as nice.

For further reading from 2 yrs ago. http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_42/368694_Tumble_brass_in_a_cement_mixer.html

Edited by Brassaholic13

A cement mixer sits at a 45 degree angle. You could run just the brass with water, Dawn, and Lemishine, but without the pins, it's not going to come out as nice.

For further reading from 2 yrs ago. http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_42/368694_Tumble_brass_in_a_cement_mixer.html

Did you read that thread? I thought you were going to provide a link proving using a mixer wouldn't work, I see many in that thread proving that it does work, certainly more proving it does work than it doesn't (if you have half a clue what you are doing).

SS pins aren't somehow more capable of "gravitating to the bottom of the mixer" than they are a regular tumbler. What matters is getting the right ratio of water, pins, detergent, citric acid and brass combined with agitated tumbling. Obviously a mixer that is set-up to just spin the drum on end, isn't going to work nearly as well as one that rotates the barrell more on its side (in a tumbling action).

• 1 month later...