Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Practiscore for a match modeled after GSSF

sean68333

I run a club match that is modeled after the GSSF matches. We have 3 stage; The M, 5-25, and the Plates. The match is scored by taking the competitors total time and adding penalties (in seconds) based on their hits. Alpha's get no penalty, Charlies get 1 second added, Deltas get 3 seconds added, and Misses get 10 seconds added.

So far example if a shooter's total time on the M is 15 seconds and hits 2 charlies and the rest alphas, their score for the stage will be 21 seconds. (15 seconds raw time plus 6 seconds of penalties)

We have scored this match on paper for years, but I have just purchased 4 Nooks so we can shift to electronic scoring which will save me the hours spent with a calculator after the match.

My question is: Is there a scoring system built into Practiscore that will fit this method of scoring? Or which would be the best to use?

Thanks for your input.

The problem with "Time Plus" is that you can not specify the number of targets per stage and/or limit the number of shots (A, C, D & Mikes) scored per stage and/or target. The USPSA style match for example will only let you enter two hits per target (unless you select otherwise) and if you attempt to enter an additional shot (3 Alphas for example) the app will alert you.

I can't find any way to make the Time Plus act similar to the USPSA, Multi-Gun, etc. Anyone else have an idea how to best do this to limit possible entry errors?

Fly

You are right but do you really need to know the number of targets? Aren't you really just concerned with the number of C, D, and Mikes? I can see where having USPSA-like scoring would be nice but for now Time Plus comes closest to meeting your needs.

IDPA scoring could be an option too. Penalties are configurable there and each point down per-target adds 0.5 seconds to the time, so you could add 2 points down for to add a second, though we could make it configurable and make it look like uspda target scoring screen... ICORE needs similar functionality too.