Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

mid range scope

1911vm

There's a long thread on this in another forum (more than one actually) as it's a common topic. The first thing is to define what you mean by mid-range distance, what your targets are, and what features you want/need.

Range can be roughly broken down into 400yd increments (0-400, 400-800, 800+) or into 300yd increments (0-300, 300-600, 600+) which is probably a more practical definition.

Target type and size will dictate what kind of power you need. 10x is adequate for 600yd is you are shooting at an IPSC sized target are OK with 2 MOA accuracy. If you need better than that, then you probably need more power.

Then there's the question of whether or not you need a ranging reticle, FFP, illumination, and a half dozen other things.

My Leupold AR mod 3-9 is very good, clear glass and good reticle. The VX patrol 3-9 that my father-in-law on his AR-10 is also nice for the money. $300-$400 price range.

It has illuminated dot too

Edited by timawa

I have been real happy with my Burris 3-9X-40mm Fullfield E1 Riflescope - 1in. Tube with the Ballistic Plex E1 Reticle, Illum.

I have seen them at the $300 mark.

plus 1 on this Burris I just got back from a week of hunting with it on my 300wsm it's great