Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Setting up Lee Dies on a Dillon 650

I'm setting up my new to me Lee 38 super dies on my Dillon 650, I've only ever used Dillon dies so I'm llittle confused by the crimp die and the sizing die:

I assume the inner part of the crimp die just unscrews for cleaning and that it should be screwed all the way in while loading right?

So the Lee sizing die isn't long enough to size the whole case like the Dillon, am I missing something? How do I set the length? I always just run the Dillon die down until it touches the shell plate then back it off.

Thanks

IMG_20141012_191847078_zpsvak1rewv.jpg

My 9mm sizer will tighten ok with the nut on top but many have to put the nut underneath.

As for the crimp. There should be instructions as to how to do the base setup and then use the knurled knob for fine tuning?

Thanks guys, I've got my first batch loaded already. There's a Facebook group called the reloading room and someone answered both questions within a few min.

The internet is a beautiful thing :)

In case anyone us curious in the future, set nuts on the bottom and with the Lee Factory Crimp die, the die goes down to the shell plate and the small knob sets the crimp.

I use Lee dies on my XL650. For 9mm and 45acp. You need to order the Dillon lock rings. Use them instead of the Lee rock rings. Since the Lee dies are shorter the Dillon lock rings will give you the extra space you need.

I use Lee dies on my XL650. For 9mm and 45acp. You need to order the Dillon lock rings. Use them instead of the Lee rock rings. Since the Lee dies are shorter the Dillon lock rings will give you the extra space you need.

+1. I got extra Dillon lock rings. Makes the bench wrench more handy also.