Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ben Stoeger Book

rmj339

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I learned the most through his Dry Fire book but keep in mind you absolutely need a timer (or smartphone with a timer app). Skills and Drills is also good but tough to do if you're not an RO. At my local range practices you basically are limited to what the duty RO has everyone doing. I recently made RO so I can now start setting up my own drills which i plan to this week

If you have solid technique I would start with Skills and Drills... so long as you are shooting regularly. If you don't shoot much and have a good grasp of the basic stuff maybe go Dry-fire training.

I think this dude might be right.

I'd roll with his suggestion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've bought all of his books and the Training to Win video. If you buy "Dry-Fire Training for the Practical Shooter", you may not need the 15 minute a day book. The Pro Shop has lots of good dry fire targets. You can put kits together the way you want to.

• 2 weeks later...

Buy all three of them for sure. Skills and Drills is the best for live fire practice. I actually got a lot of good information in a fun to read format from Practical Pistol and made it easier to get rid of some of that first early bad advice I received at my local matches.

I started with practical pistol. I just got skills and drills, and his dry fire book. They seem to work together.

While reading the beginning of skills and drills, I seem to fit into about every one of the "you're doing it wrong" categories.

I'm looking forward to having more structured range time, rather than just wasting ammo.

• 2 months later...

I got all the books and the video. "DF Training" is where I am now. Its an excellent source of training materials for me. I made a training regimen based on it w/ 1hr 3x a week df in 2-week cycle covering most of the drills starting Jan. this year. It helps a lot in my development.

I got all the books and the video. "DF Training" is where I am now. Its an excellent source of training materials for me. I made a training regimen based on it w/ 1hr 3x a week df in 2-week cycle covering most of the drills starting Jan. this year. It helps a lot in my development.

May I add however that no matter how good this or any training material is, a lot depends on one's motivation and dedication. Its still the indian...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...