Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Practiscore Android New Build V1.2.22

wgnoyes

Features/fixes from the change log on the website. (There could be additional as well...)

ChangeLog (1.2.22)

• Discovered match devices are saved per-match (no automatic refresh!)
  • Pull from multiple devices on device sync screen
  • Default match templates for IPSC, IDPA and Steel Challenge
  • Shooter modified and stage modified warnings need details (0000079)
  • Sort list of discovered devices on sync screen (0000330)
  • Unable to change club code once set (0000417)
  • USPSA No distinction for Classic Targets (0000312)
  • USPSA Reversed M and NS columns on target scoring page (0000082)
  • Steel Challenge Can not Parse Scores After Reassigning and Clearing Score (0000421)

Tested some of the features last week during our USPSA match and did not notice any issues.

The two sync related enhancements are a nice addition. I can go to the Sync screen, select all the devices I want to sync from, then each subsequent time, I just click Pull from Devices and it pulls data from each device I selected earlier. Also like the sort of sync devices.

Default match template for USPSA classifiers is great.

The more detailed shooter/stage modified info is excellent.

Noticed a bug today while scoring our Outlaw Steel match, which we setup as a Time Plus match in PractiScore.

Some back ground. Our stages are setup as 5 strings, we keep the top 4 best strings and zero out the worst.

If after scoring a competitor, entering all 5 strings then zeroing out the worst time, clicking review, then approve, you go back to edit their time. All the string times, except one are erased.

Will post this as a bug to PractiScore when I get home.

JD,Dumb question - why not set it up as a Steel Challenge match?

Not a dumb question.

At every Outlaw Steel match we have a one string field course stage, consisting of 10 or more plates, which you have to shoot twice and a Texas star or polish plate rack. Few folks can complete the stage in under 30 seconds. At today's match only one person out of 24, did it in under 30 seconds.

If we make the match a Steel Challenge type, there is no way to enter a string time of over 30 seconds.

I hate using Time Plus to score the match, as we have to manually add penalties to the time and zero out the worst string.

Edited by jdphotoguy

At every Outlaw Steel match we have a one string field course stage, consisting of 10 or more plates, which you have to shoot twice and a Texas star or polish plate rack. Few folks can complete the stage in under 30 seconds. At today's match only one person out of 24, did it in under 30 seconds.

Gotcha. I was dorking around with steel challenge stages to see if I could come up with a way to handle the scenario but I can't seem to come up with one.

Gotcha. I was dorking around with steel challenge stages to see if I could come up with a way to handle the scenario but I can't seem to come up with one.

The Time Plus Custom match type would be the way to go, but that type is not available on Android devices, yet.

Anybody had any issues syncing between two 1.2.22 devices? One of our people here said syncing stopped working at a match and the pulling app would crash and force close. Also DQ's were not being brought across. That's all the details I have. They've already been encouraged to put it out on mantis.

Worked mostly ok for me. There seemed to be quite a bit of a delay/issue seeing the other devices, but I'm not sure I can easily describe the issue. It took a couple of network reset/reconnects before the master device could find/refresh the list of other devices. Part of it seemed to be the device ID's getting confused in the sense that the master had mismatches between the name of the other devices and their ID.

I had a similar post USPSA match sync issue...4 Nooks for scoring devices and 1 iPad mini as master. The master took upwards of 45-60 seconds to list the nook devices, yet the Nooks could see each other within 10-20 seconds. So i synced all Nook to Nook 1 and eventually the iPad came around.

This was on two different networks...first our built in range network, then I tried my pocket router network and the same results on both nets.

I had a similar post USPSA match sync issue...4 Nooks for scoring devices and 1 iPad mini as master. The master took upwards of 45-60 seconds to list the nook devices, yet the Nooks could see each other within 10-20 seconds. So i synced all Nook to Nook 1 and eventually the iPad came around.

For the next time it happens try this work around. On the iOS device go into sync screen and nothing is most likely listed. On the NST go into the sync screen and tap refresh button. Almost instantly the Nook should show up on the iOS device.

We run Nook scoring devices, a Nexus 7 or two for registration and my iPhone to sync throughout the match. Last weekend was the first time

I tried 1.2.22 on the Nooks and Nexus tablets. The tablets did take a bit to find all the Nooks with first time, but once they were found I tapped the check box by each and after that syncing was a breeze, just tap the Pull from Devices button.

On the iPhone, running the latest version of PS and iOS, sync was slow to find the Nooks, very slow. As a work around, I'd type in the Sync Code for one of the Nooks, we used three that day and as soon as I'd tap Find Device, all three Nooks would show up on the Sync screen. Worked everytime I tried it.

Was your setup all-android, or was there iOS in the mix?

it was all nooks for me. Usually I would have fiddled with it to see what the issue was, but I did the simpler "Ook, Vlad hit with hammer" equivalent until I got it to work as I was bone tiered by that point and not really caring. If I see it again I'll poke it with a fine filler gauge to see if I can see what it is doing.

For the next time it happens try this work around. On the iOS device go into sync screen and nothing is most likely listed. On the NST go into the sync screen and tap refresh button. Almost instantly the Nook should show up on the iOS device.

Thanks Zack...I'll give it a try next time.

... but I did the simpler "Ook, Vlad hit with hammer" equivalent until I got it to work...

:roflol::cheers:

Okay, THAT'S good!

Couple of lines from Jurassic Park 2:

"Technology and violence: not good bedfellows!"

"Give it some love." "I'll love it when it works!"

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question. If it's not, please move it to the appropriate place.

This past weekend we had an issue where the scores were entered for the wrong individuals. Example: Individual A had Individual B scores entered under their name and vice versa. With paper, we could simply cross out the name and write a new one. I couldn't figure out a good way to do this in practiscore. Is there a way to do this? Or does anyone have any suggestions other than score keeper and shooter need to pay more attention to the tablet?

Yep, you can do this. Select the shooter with "wrong" score, I think hit review, then the 3 vertical dots in upper right, and there should be an option there to copy the scores to the correct shooter. Then you rescore the "wrong" person with the right new scores.

PLEASE NOTE, we have found an ugly mouse trap in 1.2.22 release. It is only affecting new Steel Challenge matches created in 1.2.22 Android app. There are new match template with default SC stages created by default and apparently these stages have an incorrect internal ids, which severely and unrecoverable breaks scoring.

It is fixed in 1.2.23 and I hoping to post it this week, but if you are using SC with 1.2.22, you need to delete default stages and re-add them back.

Generally it is a good idea to not re-use/rename default stages and instead always delete and add your own, e.g. when you are running outlaw/fun matches with your own SC stages. For these I've also added second SC match template without default stages.

I ran a 40 shooter USPSA pistol club match with 1.2.22 using only Nooks this past weekend and it worked like a champ. I am not sure how good of a data point this is, but its at least a data point.

I also used 1.2.22 for practice on Sunday. We did the registration on the Nook and I found it strange that we had to "Enable" specific divisions before they could be assigned to shooters. If you create a USPSA pistol match, why wouldn't it enable all of the valid Divisions by default? I am trying to understand why it would be a benefit to NOT have them enabled by default. For normal USPSA matches I usually do all of the registration in EzWinScore so this isn't normally an issue for us. But at some point it would be nice to dump EzWinScore all together and do the registration in PractiScore.

Charlie, this is also fixed in 1.2.23. The default USPSA match template with correct divisions wasn't loaded when you create new match. As workaround for 1.2.22, you can tap on the match type button and select USPSA from the list. Then it will populate default divisions correctly.

Edited by euxx

PLEASE NOTE, we have found an ugly mouse trap in 1.2.22 release. It is only affecting new Steel Challenge matches created in 1.2.22 Android app. There are new match template with default SC stages created by default and apparently these stages have an incorrect internal ids, which severely and unrecoverable breaks scoring.

This is just what I don't need days way from our biggest steel challenge match of the year but at least it was caught and you posted about it before our match started. I don't exactly follow what you're saying about not using the default stages. If I haven't defined the stages yet am I okay to pick the stages from the classifier list or am I better off to define the stages on the iOS device and then sync them to the Android devices?

I have been able to downgrade my NST's to 1.2.21 but for some reason the Nexus tablet doesn't want to reinstall 1.2.21 after having 1.2.22 installed.

If I send you the match export file can you look at it and see if it's okay?