Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Barricade wings for a Ruger MIII rimfire

kshock

I machined a set of wings for Louis's 22/45 to use at the Worlds in Germany. I also made a Wing/Mover Mount set up.

I can provide pictures if needed.

dcs

Surgi, missed you at the Show Me Cup. I have not put a mover base on mine yet but I probably should huh? What kind of holster does he use that accomodates the wings? I would like to see the mover base/wings if you can post a pic

Edited by kshock

The advantage of the Ruger is that there is plenty of meat to which one can attach all sorts of wing set ups. I don't like the look of the wing ring, but with Tracys small hands it would appear the best way for that particular handgun.

I would be keen on flattening the sides of the Ruger barrel and then fitting flatter wings like goneracin. Depends on hand shape and size obviously.

John, it just never came up.

This gun is how I met my honey. I was practicing Barricades at the practice range in 2006. My comp fell off. Richard taped it on for me so I could shoot the match, then I found Warren, who Loc-Tited the comp on for me. It has never come off or budged, since, and I found a wonderful guy, to boot.

Eventually, maybe we'll put a Stick Shift on it. We've talked about it, but it hasn't been a high priority.

Tracy