Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

where do you buy the cardboard colored packing tape?

I've brought home a bunch of shot up targets and I'd like to use them for live fire practice. Where do you get the tape that we use in matches? I've looked for it in a few places and haven't seen the Surtape brand or anything that would be the right color.

Thanks!

Edited by obsessiveshooter

Thanks for the editing tip Sarge. As far as buying a case of targets, I am legendary in my penny-pinching tightwaddedness. I'll tape up those used targets. Shootersconnection.com looks like a good source for the pasters, though I would be happier with a $5 roll of tape.

I'm really wanting a roll. I have trouble believing that the rolls of tape we use are made specifically for taping targets. I think it's just box packing tape, and the shooting world probably buys .001% of the product that's made. Wouldn't a big-box office supply store have something like it? I'd rather go there and pay a couple bucks for a roll, than pay through the nose for shipping on an already marked up item.

Our 'target' tape from alco is IPG paper tape : www.itape.com $4 a roll from Alco.

I've never seen anything like it at stationary store, I haven't looked a lot though. Best I can figure is Intertape 539?

Amazon maybe, but only bulk:

http://www.amazon.com/Intertape-9341-Flatback-Sealing-1-88-Inch/dp/B000KKN0G6

(buying 48 at a time gets cost from $4/roll to $/2.25)

This video says U-Haul

but i don't know what widths they have. And I'm not sure if amazon link I have is same tape.

hope that helps, love to find a place local that has it for both personal use and club emergency

Edited by trgt

I've looked at plenty of places around me: Walmart, Home Depot, Office Max, Target and ironically the best place was a dollar store called "Daiso" (a Japanese frugal store). The only problem is that the color is off but not by much.

Edited by Jayohee

Hadn't thought to look at Alco &there is one 4 blocks from me! I've been using 2" buff masking tape & I can't tell you how many rounds I put in each target; several hundred no doubt. I'm with the OP on penny pinching and pasters are notorious for falling off. Tape for me!