Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Comeback - Training

Steve Moneypenny

• 3 months later...

I'm just looking into PRK surgery. Where did you have the surgery done, in WV? I'm near Martinsburg. How is the shooting going this far afterwards. I'm looking to have mine done in the late season, hoping to be ready by next season. Thanks.

Just south of pittsburg actualy The Laser Eye Center ( i have a discount coupon or something somewhere i think) ... Shooting is pretty awesome, with magnified glasses i couldn't group shoot to save my ass.. had to take them off.. my groups are the same as no glasses, but I can see the X a lot better... I still sometimes have to close one eye. .. I don't transition near to far, far to near as quickly as i used to. But it's coming along, which is mainly retraining the eye muscles I believe.

I have a friend who had the lasik surgery done in 1998 later he was in an explosion and got something in his eye ( military) they went to put an implant in and found his eye wasn't round beneath it. This might be something that PRK would have prevented.

for the first year they say you need to wear sunglasses, which I have been. I'm growing less and less light sensitive.

Wow, I haven't updated this thread in quite a while...

most skills 'seem" to be close to where they were, was running .85 draws in practice the other day, .98 reloads. still clunky on movement at times though.

I shot the WV state IDPA championship, some good shooters showed up and i made some silly mistakes ( like shooting a no shoot because my eyes didn't focust as fast as i transitioned and fired a shot) Ended up 4th SSP master. was less than happy with that performance. But it showed me a lot of what I need to work on.

The Grand Power K 100 X Trim has been shooting great since i put piece 52 back in.

Good to see you coming back moneypenny. Doing a bit of that myself. Will be curious to compare notes.

I'm shooting up in the Burgh so perhaps our paths will cross in the near future!