Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Used XL650 Value

I have stumbled on a Dillon XL 650 for sale. The manual says 1985 on it. I have not seen it in person, but from the pictures that I have seen it looks to be in good shape. What is a fair price for it? The gentleman that had it has passed to Glory. A friend of the widow is selling it, and has given me the first chance to make an offer.

Extras are everything. Extra toolheads, powder measures, conversion kits, dies, etc...

A good. clean, and reasonably COMPLETE XL650 (with casefeeder) is easily worth $500. Extras however, could more than double that.

Good luck to both buyer and seller.

As Alvarez mentioned, with a casefeeder i would expect to see around $500. Without a casefeeder I would expect maybe the $400 range at most. The extras add value, but there is a good chance everything won't be wanted or needed so the buyer will need to spend time splitting up and offloading. If buying everything in a package I'd give 50% of new cost at most, but if buying or selling individually I'd expect to see 60-75% of new cost.

Best the OP can do is make a fair offer and explain why. Given that most things depreciate to pennies on the dollar, I would think that 50% of new cost for the works is more than a fair deal on a 30 year old unit.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally had a chance to pick up the used 650XL. The package was the reloader which is in nice shape with Dillon dies.It has a low powder and primer alarm. All set up for the 40 cal. SW which I do not have.( 1000 40 cal. bullets.) (1000 primers.) (2lbs. of powder.) (Digital calipers) (manual) Not bad for $425. Now I need to get some 9mm dies and a bullet feeder.

Is 900 too much for a used 650, with casefeeder, strong mount, and some of the other normal accessories? Seeing that that one sold for 425 makes me wonder.

It depends if it includes the dies and conversion kits you want. If the toolheads are all complete yes, but if they are in calibers you don't shoot or are oddball calibers it's not great.

I think at $425 you did good. I recently traded a AK47 plus accessories for a 650xl. I estimated that the new price of the 650xl was over $1200 with casefeeder, strongmount, two sets of dies, powderfeeders and some other accessories. had 9mm and 223 both of which I use. Gave me about 3000 9mm cases, 1000 9mm rn plates bullets, a tumbler and a separator, all Dillon. I had $700 in the AK and gave him almost $200 in rounds. I feel like I stole the reloader, but we both were smiling.

If I had paid cash, I'd have given him less than the $900, probably $800 would have been max.