Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

spent primer chute clogging up on square deal

Gets to a point where it will not index. Pull the unit, clean out all spent primers and rebolt it back down. I make sure that all spent primers are cleaned out. After about 100 rounds, I have to do it again. Problem is with large primers only.

Any ideas on what's wrong?

When you have it disassembled, can't you pop off the the plastic S-shaped primer chute cover (on the right side of the ram)? I thought that'd allow you to clean and inspect the primer chute between the shellplate and primer catch bucket?

When you have it disassembled, can't you pop off the the plastic S-shaped primer chute cover (on the right side of the ram)? I thought that'd allow you to clean and inspect the primer chute between the shellplate and primer catch bucket?

Will give that a try.

I had a Square Deal do that. The failsafe bracket (between the press body and the blue plastic spent primer chute) was installed upside down. The press worked, but the hole for the spent primers was partially blocked and I would eventually get a bridge jamb. Once I figured it out, it was a simple fix!

I had a Square Deal do that. The failsafe bracket (between the press body and the blue plastic spent primer chute) was installed upside down. The press worked, but the hole for the spent primers was partially blocked and I would eventually get a bridge jamb. Once I figured it out, it was a simple fix!

^^^^ This right here. It fits on upside down but the hole is off center.

This appears to be so. Don't know if it will correct it but after having the thing apart and finding no problem, I'll give it a try.