Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hornady Bullet Feeder Die

GregJ

I've been thinking about adding a bullet feeder to my LNL, already have the case feeder, all set up for 45ACP. But I have a few questions:

- I have the EGW-U die and the Powder Funnel powder through expander. I have tried the Hornady powder through expander, but it adds a significant amount of resistence, so I switched back to the Powder Funnel. I have read the Hornady bullet feeder die will only work with the Hornady powder through expander. Is this true?

- Preferences on the bullet collator, and why? Hornady or Mr. Bullet.

- Until I get the bullet collator, anyone drop bullets into the feeder by hand?

It may not be probable for you but I use a standard lee expander. I have room for this because I don't size on the press.

I really like the hornady bullet feeder. Works awesome for my 9mm loads. Only downside is it doesn't switch off automatically.

As far as the die being used without the collator, there are tubes you can buy that hold like 75 .45 bullets. The post is called 29.00 bullet feeder or something like that on Ar15.com. You could drop them in by hand as well but not sure that would be much faster. The tube or collator is the way to go.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_42/349969__28_00_Bullet_feeder_for_Any_Progressive.html

Mr Bullet Feeder for sure. Hornady feeder is horribly noisy and as stated, has no shut off. If you are thinking about the Mr BF, then skip the Hornady bullet feeding dies. The Mr. BF dies are superior in adjustability...same for the hopper.

I've seen the $28 bullet feeder, no desire to do that. The time I spend loading the tubes I can spend cranking rounds out.

I'll take a closer look at the Mr. BF post, tks. :cheers:

i have the hornady hopper and the bullet feeder. the hopper is ok, very noisy, will wire up a switch to turn it off when tube is loaded. im going to computerize the press anyway, with an arduino.

im not so happy with the bullet feeder die. finicky and unreliable. depending on bullets i use, need continuous manual intervention.

is it possible to use the Mr BF feeder die with the hornady hopper?