Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's the best 1911 trigger components out

magpulled

I have a range officer in 45 and am looking to upgrade the trigger. I Have been looking at the EGW ultimate trigger kits, but I'm curious if that's the best way to go. Yall please chime in with your experiences and advice. This is my SS rig so I want to get it as good as I can!!

Thanks in advance.

About any of the brand names are excellent. Only thing I'd suggest is find one that does a complete setup Hammer, sear, dis connector, etc, and try the trigger some buddy's guns to determine the weight/ reset that fits how you shoot. Have it fitted by a gunsmith that knows 1911's then go snot out of it.

• 1 month later...

I've played with a few of the sets and they are generally quite good.

I was blown away by the Koenig hammer and EGW sear. I installed a set last night and got a nice, crisp, safe, 1 3/4# pull after balancing the EGW sear spring. As delivered with only spring work it was right at 2# and passed safety checks. A bit of adjustment to the sear angle, and a slight polish of the hooks got it down to 1 1/2#. I added a bit more to the trigger bow return leaf for a more positive reset and done.

Just put Extreme Engineering sear, hammer and disconnector in both of my new builds. VERY happy with the way they feel. Cleanest trigger out of the box I have ever pulled. And with just a bit of polishing they are awe inspiring. Complete set with super skeletonized hammer was under $140.

EE seems to work incredibly well out of the package, and has minimal creep compared to every other set I've tried from various mfgs. I must've gotten shafted on my brazos set, it dropped in at 6.5 lbs..I've been meaning to call him about it.

I use SV and EGW hammers, sears, and disconnects on pretty much everything. Triggers are SV for hi-cap and Videki clones for 1911. With a little effort, you can get down as low as 1.5 lb with a trigger that's clean, crisp, 100% reliable, and lasts a long time (50k+).

One other component to look at is maybe fitting a short or medium trigger to the setup to best get your finger in the right position. I usually put a bit fatter grips on mine and a Greider short match trigger.