Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
fastarget

Recommend a muzzle brake for 308 bolt.

Been thinking of replacing the flash hider, what has worked for you?

.750 barrel sig SSG 3000

The PRI quiet control brake works well and isn't too annoying at the range.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/2367125087/pri-muzzle-brake-quiet-control-5-8-24-thread-ar-10-lr-308

Pictures of the brake installed and size compared to original flash suppressor.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xe92fefgwb3fq4v/AAACLIMEIiLT6Zd8Ho-JUYiSa?dl=0#/

Depends on what you are using it for. A suppressor is arguably, the best thing you can put on it.

A lot of serious bolt gun shooters won't use a brake of any kind. On the other hand, if you are shooting something like practical rifle or sniper competitions, then you might want to have a look at this:

http://precisionrifleblog.com/2014/01/18/best-muzzle-brake-and-rifle-suppressor/

Thanks for the info, yes, I have been going all the stats from the precision rifle blog, have looked at the TB cb9 lustingly , and have looked at a badger as well.

I am leaning towards a suppresor, but my lady was not keen on getting more attention from the feds........and might instal something temporarely until the TB gets out of NFA holding.

If you're thinking of going the suppressed route, then look into the brake attach suppressors and go with whichever manufacturer you're getting your can from. I know both the SilencerCo and AWC brakes are very effective while you're waiting on the suppressor paperwork to go through.

Not sure if it would work with a bolt gun, but JEC has a brake with an optional sleeve that covers the ports for those times when you don't want a brake. It can also be used as a mount for some suppressors.

thunderbeast cb9 or the newly released Harvester are the only two I have considered, just not much known about the Harvester at the moment

The PRI quiet control brake works well and isn't too annoying at the range.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/2367125087/pri-muzzle-brake-quiet-control-5-8-24-thread-ar-10-lr-308

Pictures of the brake installed and size compared to original flash suppressor.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xe92fefgwb3fq4v/AAACLIMEIiLT6Zd8Ho-JUYiSa?dl=0#/

+1 these work great.

I run a Templar Tactical on mine as it is also a mount for one of my Templar cans. JEC brakes are great and probably up% of the PRS guys run them. I have one of their new ones that also acts as a mount for my short Templar can on my 3 gun AR.

Great brake, you can also get a sleeve that screws on and turns the brake off.

GREAT stuff

Jerry Miculek makes an excellent Brake- got mine at midway, comes with an adjustment nut,easy install. Put it on a Savage Hog Hunter Bolt .308- Big Difference in controllability!

Good report, thanks. I want something to control recoil and muzzle rise, the muzzle rise is too much, I am loosing the target, follow through is non existent and I can't see the round splash.

I have looked into JEC, PWS, JP and a couple others. I like the mounting option of the Seekins and Badger , finding them in stock has been a pain

If you want something simple that isn't quite as loud then have a look at one of the pepper pot style brakes. They aren't quite as effective as some but they do a pretty good job and are no where near as loud.

I have an AAC 2 chamber 51T brake on my 16" Rem 700 ACC-SD. It is horribly loud, but the break does it's job.

I like this brake as I can mount my AAC 762SDN6 to the rifle when needed.

Both my 308 and 6.5 Creedmoor have Tubb T2K brakes, I like them because they are tunable, during load development I screw it all the way on, then lock it in place with the jam nut orientated with the top canted slightly left, after I find the load that groups the smallest with single digit spreads I screw it out one turn at a time until it bug holes sub 1/2 MOA, I don't shoot matches suppressed because I perfer the greater recoil reduction of the brake, and a can on the end of the barrel is a sail when the wind is blowing hard like at Rifles Only, a side discharge brake is required when shooting prone, and is not as loud for the shooter as a radial brake like a Vias.

Badger FTE on my Remy 5R Milspec. It pisses off anyone shooting next to me but I call my own shots with it. Very effective.

I used a big chubby for quite awhile before I had to replace it with my suppressor mountable brake. Very effective brake.