Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ran into something interesting. But is it true?

DocMedic

http://www.langdontac.com/Experience.html

2000 USPSA Production Class National Champion, Limited Nationals, First person to ever win Production Nationals with a traditional double action gun.

I happen to run into this in another forum, of Trainers that have also have shot competitively and I'm Sorry I've never heard of this person before seems like a stand up guy from his portfolio. I just wonder if its true about the "traditional double action gun" part? Besides Glocks, I thought that’s all Production was back then were double action guns.

Well .. seeing how it was the first Production nationals, and he was the first Production champion, I guess he can say he was the first to win it with a double action gun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Practical_Shooting_Association#National_Championship_Matches

Actually Production was a category within Limited. Langdon finished in 56th place in Limited, but there's breakout results for L10, Production and Revolver, and he is indeed first among the competitors in Production Class....

2001 appears to be the first year that they entered Production Division results as a standalone division -- meaning competitors in Production were not entered in Limited, even though the match was still called the Limited Nationals.....

2002 was when the Factory Gun Nats were held for the first time.....

Nik for USPSA historian, all in favor? ;)

Point is he was the first, so he can claim he was first Production champion to wear pants. Sure, its a bit like Armstrong claiming to be the first to land on the moon in a spaceship, but hey .. still true.

Nik for USPSA historian, all in favor? ;)

Point is he was the first, so he can claim he was first Production champion to wear pants. Sure, its a bit like Armstrong claiming to be the first to land on the moon in a spaceship, but hey .. still true.

Buzz might take exception to that

http://www.langdontac.com/Experience.html

2000 USPSA Production Class National Champion, Limited Nationals, First person to ever win Production Nationals with a traditional double action gun.

I happen to run into this in another forum, of Trainers that have also have shot competitively and I'm Sorry I've never heard of this person before seems like a stand up guy from his portfolio. I just wonder if its true about the "traditional double action gun" part? Besides Glocks, I thought that’s all Production was back then were double action guns.

Ernie Langdon is legit. :)